• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "secret" revealed. Thanks Matt! I find myself attempting this shot, but find I have to take quite a number of photos to get one that even begins to look right. I will continue to practice. Now to find a yellow thing to lean on...........
I typically take a bunch myself. The yellow thingy is the tail of a fish. Good luck finding one of those lol

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello LHS today

7806C1D0-A90F-42E7-A9FB-0CB09EE98A80.jpeg

FibroblastsMakeLeather

Reaction score
I’m not sure what fit issues you have, but I have found the Hampton, Barrie and TB lasts work well with my high instep and wide feet. If you dialed in the Barrie you may give a look at Hampton. Oddly, I wear the same size in all three.
I think @M635Guy might be correct that my 975AC are seconds and might have lasting issues. This leads to some discomfort.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Sorry for newb question in advance. How can you guys purchase in cordovan LHS loafer in rare color? (Cigar, Ravello, or other rare color)

Is it through GMTO only? If so, does any Alden shop offer that?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry for newb question in advance. How can you guys purchase in cordovan LHS loafer in rare color? (Cigar, Ravello, or other rare color)

Is it through GMTO only? If so, does any Alden shop offer that?
Shops have their own make ups that are made as they are given allocations. It could be as few as 12 pair a year. You'll need to find a shop with a style you like and get on their waiting list. Depending on the color/model, you could be waiting a few years. I suggest building a relationship with a shop through purchases as well.
There's no MTO with Alden, and GMTOs would be organized through your relationship with a shop.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy has asked this same question on all shoe sites.. dubious .. I'd pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads