• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced terrible customer service from the Brogue Shop? I have sent several emails and left a voicemail and they will not respond. It’s been three weeks.

Mac has been fine in my limited experience with them.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couple deliveries for me this week. Monday brought my first try at Alden 2nds from TSM and these Burnished Tan Medallion Cap Toes. Couple very small issues that no one will ever notice, very happy with the transaction with TSM.

R8aTrvX.jpg

Tuesday brought what I consider to be the ultimate Indy boot from Adam at AoC. Brown CXL, 360 antique welt, commando sole and brass hardware. Very happy with the look of this boot!

hQR3c7r.jpg

71Q6BKa.jpg

I’m biased as I have the same boot, but it is amazing how different they are from the 403 with just a few changes.

TommyB

Reaction score
Any quick thoughts on the Ravello cap-toe boot on Grant from Alden DC? Just got my notice that they're in—and this would be my first pair of Ravello anything—but I'm not sure I love the Ravello/Grant combo with commando sole/speed hooks. I'm probably overthinking it, but would appreciate any opinions.

Does anyone know if one can pass on a makeup like this from DC and still remain at the top of the list for the next run? If so, I’ll probably pass on these this time and let the next one on the 9.5D list have them.

AMD500

Reaction score
Does anyone know if one can pass on a makeup like this from DC and still remain at the top of the list for the next run? If so, I’ll probably pass on these this time and let the next one on the 9.5D list have them.

Or you could sell them to me! Seriously...

Last edited:

sanomnia

Reaction score

Not to give you pressure but I'm quite likely to be the next one on the list..

AMD500

Reaction score
Haha, I’ll talk to DC and see what they say. I’m afraid I won’t buy them and resell them, though, and end up at the bottom of the list again.

Yeah, I hear ya. You should by them. It's a long list, and they are only going up in price.

vettemike

Reaction score
I sent Mack a sizing question (for a fairly inexpensive item) thru his website portal and received a response within just two hours. For the record, I’ve never purchased from him before, so I wouldn’t have been surprised if he would’ve taken his sweet old time to reply, if at all. Instead, I got a cordial and detailed response. Accordingly, based on my limited experience, I am inclined to say I can see why people around here hold Mack in high esteem.

Ps, I will be making a purchase with him tonight (and maybe will later buy the $1200 Good Art bracelet I’ve been eyeing for a year if Mack continues to be helpful with my sizing questions).

Maybe he just got waylaid from your question due to extenuating circumstances. As others have recommended, maybe you can reach out to him via pm here. Best of luck getting sorted!
Mack responded within minutes. Thanks for his email.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PTB shell today.

A775CA0C-B5B7-437A-B5F1-1F9086F1C4D8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads