• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday. Yep, I wear NSTs on a wingtip day. Once again I find myself out of step with society. My father once told me I was not useless. "You can always serve as a bad example." That was a comfort to me.

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC9EA5DF-076C-4361-8BD6-0C6C279170C4.jpeg

First wear for my new 990 factory seconds. Finally I’m appreciating Color 8. In fact, I’m loving it. Did I buy new grey pants just to wear with these? Yes I did.

And of course I already caught my right toe on one of the pedals of my car.
1A8BA73B-E9A5-4C2F-948D-DE1BCEFD9CA1.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoot and nice looking loafers. Do you wear the loafers in the same size/last as the lace ups?

Thanks! These are 8D, same as my TB size. I sort of go back-and-forth between 7.5E and 8D for Barrie lace ups but 7.5E seems better.

These are a bit snug at first, which I prefer since they are unlined CXL. I have a pair of lined color 8 shell LHS that fit noticeably looser.

Awaiting the 7.5 pair to reappear for me..

I will try to get that pair sent back to TSM ASAP!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wear thicker socks than dress socks, Barrie would work. Otherwise, I would go down 1/2 size from your Barrie size for dress socks or no socks.

Man, really? It's THAT big of a last?? I wear dress socks which are pretty thin.

They're very elegant. I can't think of anyone else here who wears that shoe.

It's wingtip Wednesday. AoC dress wingtip boot in color 8 on Aberdeen last. Have a great day gentlemen.

View attachment 1165585

Those are amazing!!! Exactly as that boot should be. I love Aberdeen. Flat welt + leather soles! :)

How old is that makeup?

ymc226

Reaction score
Man, really? It's THAT big of a last?? I wear dress socks which are pretty thin.

They're very elegant. I can't think of anyone else here who wears that shoe

I wear very thin merino wool OTC dress socks from Pantherella and Marcolianni but I used to have very skinny but long feet. Now gets a little swollen at the end of the day due to blood pressure medication. I asked someone at Brogue before I placed my order and the advice was spot on. I’d even say I could have gone a half size smaller.

I agree some of Brogues loafers are more elegant for Alden’s. As I only wear Alden’s, I hope Brogue offers more designs in the future. On my next office day, I’ll break in my Milano loafers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics