• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilby

Reaction score
Ravello Tankers today
fullsizeoutput_31f9.jpeg

macher

Reaction score
Ok I know I posted about this before about the 405’s in calfskin I just got. They feel on the tight / snug side. I do have a pair of Innsbruck Indy’s in CXL in the same size and they feel and fit really well. Got lots of wiggle room in the Innsbruck’s compared to not as much but still enough in the 405’s. The first thing I noticed when I tried on the 405’s this morning was ‘damn these feel kind of on the tight side’. Then I tried on the Innsbruck’s and they felt like butter.

The 405’s are beauties and iconic in the calfskin IMO.

Can anyone comment if the pressure I’m feeling on the 405’s will ease up? Maybe the calf skin isn’t as forgiving as CXL? Thanks!

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still nervous but then thought that if Indy wore his through the Temple of Doom, I can wear mine with some indigo. If it bleeds, more character?

20190417_070716.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The "long national nightmare" has ended after missing out on the Leffot version and I finally obtained the Indy makeup I wanted. Brown CXL, brass eyelets and hooks, 360 welt and commando sole. This is an AoC makeup. Maiden voyage.

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still nervous but then thought that if Indy wore his through the Temple of Doom, I can wear mine with some indigo. If it bleeds, more character?

View attachment 1161812
Don't worry about The Indy boots, they can take it. Post early morning yard work before the storms come in later today and tomorrow.
IMG_5758.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads