• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BB black unlined cordo.
0r8vV25pRXKe7oMXrr7zfg.jpg

manasdirge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already on their way back. FYI, they were Alden Factory Seconds FD-D5916HC - Color 8 Shell Cordovan (Size: 9.5, Width: D : Medium), for members who may see them popup on The ShoeMart in the near future and want to save a $7.99 restocking fee.
they should accept return/exchange without the fees, as these boots are not supposed to be listed as second.

I once returned a pair of mismatched sizes, TSM didn't even mention the fees.

and I dont think they should relist them, structural failure like these should be sent back to factory.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kwaker

Reaction score
Got a fit question.

Was at Sherman Bros today to pick up my 405’s. They had to order since they don’t stock less than 8D and I’m a 7.5D. Tried them on in store and I commented that they felt a little too snug. The salesman took them in the back and he said he was going to stretch them a hair. He said he was going to put a last on there. They weren’t in the back for long. Tried them on and they did feel less ‘too snug’. What I noticed on the ‘little too snug’ was the lacings were a little more far apart and now as you can see in the picture they are a little closer. Looking back I’m not sure if I should have just taken the ‘little too snug’ knowing they would stretch some. Salesman was positive an 8D would be too big but did say to take them home and try them on later in the day and see how they feel. If they still feel too small then they would order an 8D. I’m 100% that an 8D will be too big in the balls of feet and too long. Problem is I’m not sure I should have stuck with the non stretched out 7.5D’s.

They feel comfortable though with a very slight heel slip but concerned about the lacings being close and if they’ll get closer as they break in. The salesman said they should feel too snug but comfortable out of the box.

Any insight thanks!

You look like a 7.5E candidate. I see the signs of your small toe spilling over the welt.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, “Dr. Jones” is the affectionate term for the color 8 plaza Indy specifically. It’s not just a synonym for “Indy” boot.
My apologies. Bad form by the rookie here. This is being updated :spam:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my first chukka in a bit. I think these will be super versatile for my environment
The six eye is just a brilliant idea. I bet they’re super comfortable.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The six eye is just a brilliant idea. I bet they’re super comfortable.
I love the look of the 6 eye. Main reason I was eyeing these. Yenni has a 6 eye cream sole tobacco reverse one but not in 8.5 and it made me sad but my wallet happy.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads