• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
A classic boot for a drive in a classic car.

YPYDeHR.jpg

cfuentes60647

Reaction score
I'm surprised those made it through. I ordered some seconds shell from TSM two weeks ago and they said they inspected them before they were to be shipped and determined they were unsellable and sent them back to Alden. I would think these would qualify for unsellable as well, must have slipped through.
I'll give them props for shipping them out in a flash. It would've been nice to have them checked before they left. I could've saved time and money returning them. I'll ask them for a refund or store credit for the stocking fee. I still look forward to doing business with them in the near future.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden x leffot natty cxl Dr Jones for the 100% chance of precipitation today. I love a leather sole but commando has been growing on me A LOT lately

20190415_124958.jpg

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love these. Really make upset the LHS isn’t a great fit for me.
Not sure the style works for my feet either, but I figure someday I'll get a pair of the snuff suede LHS in the size that's closest to working for me and just let my feet make whatever room they need.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I've been following this forum for sometime now and have been seduced by the beauty of shell Aldens (no thanks to all the beautiful pics on this thead). I decided to roll the dice on a pair of factory seconds from the Shoemart and believe I crapped out. SNAKE EYES:confused2:.

I've heard of many other's luck when it came to seconds. Are these boots worthy of seconds with this tear a deal breaker for most? Oh well, guess I'll cough up some more dough and pay full price next time. View attachment 1160856 View attachment 1160857

Exchange/return. That rip is below the cuff line and will get bigger. There’s no fixing it as sewing will make more wholes.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I've been following this forum for sometime now and have been seduced by the beauty of shell Aldens (no thanks to all the beautiful pics on this thead). I decided to roll the dice on a pair of factory seconds from the Shoemart and believe I crapped out. SNAKE EYES:confused2:.

I've heard of many other's luck when it came to seconds. Are these boots worthy of seconds with this tear a deal breaker for most? Oh well, guess I'll cough up some more dough and pay full price next time. View attachment 1160856 View attachment 1160857

IMO that is a fatal structural flaw that will worsen with time. FAR beyond some visual blemish that would normally make a shoe/boot a second. It's a must return.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My one pair of suede chukka boots are pretty worn and need to be resoled. I requested the restoration kit with the prepaid mailer through Alden's website. Anyone ever used their service before and know how long it takes approximately to get the kit and eventually the shoes returned?

macher

Reaction score
Got a fit question.

Was at Sherman Bros today to pick up my 405’s. They had to order since they don’t stock less than 8D and I’m a 7.5D. Tried them on in store and I commented that they felt a little too snug. The salesman took them in the back and he said he was going to stretch them a hair. He said he was going to put a last on there. They weren’t in the back for long. Tried them on and they did feel less ‘too snug’. What I noticed on the ‘little too snug’ was the lacings were a little more far apart and now as you can see in the picture they are a little closer. Looking back I’m not sure if I should have just taken the ‘little too snug’ knowing they would stretch some. Salesman was positive an 8D would be too big but did say to take them home and try them on later in the day and see how they feel. If they still feel too small then they would order an 8D. I’m 100% that an 8D will be too big in the balls of feet and too long. Problem is I’m not sure I should have stuck with the non stretched out 7.5D’s.

They feel comfortable though with a very slight heel slip but concerned about the lacings being close and if they’ll get closer as they break in. The salesman said they should feel too snug but comfortable out of the box.

Any insight thanks!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention this. I'm wearing mine! How do they fit??

View attachment 1160929
They fit like slippers! Near perfect for my shorter flatter R foot, tight across the vamp on my bigger L foot. But the suede is soft and forgiving. I’ll work on stretching the L shoe.

Very happy with them, should work great with brown gray and even navy trousers.

1B9A8D19-5F54-4D41-BD89-584532EDC68C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads