• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like to see this Cigar Grant Indy please.

My list:

WT Color 8 Boot (Grant)
NST Ravello Boot (Aberdeen)
Color 8 Tassels (Aberdeen)

Oops my mistake, they're Trubalance not Grant. The Leffot makeup - 40473hc
Must have had a brain fart.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We should mulch around the trees and bushes she said on Saturday. This morning a truck dumped 2.5 cu yards of mulch, in the driveway, right in front of my car's door. Fun times.
IMG_5666.jpeg

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorite: Color 8 chukka (this changes all the time)
Grail: Whiskey balmoral captoe oxford - haven't seen this made in years
Versatile: Color 8 tanker boot

schweezly

Reaction score
My 2nd quality Tankers came in and it looks like the issue is the stitching on the inside of the left boot at the sole is uneven. Not sure that’s really an issue I’d need to be concerned about.

Somehow, I think they feel a little tighter than the ptb blucher’s I tried that were half a size smaller. I’ll need to try on again in the next few days to really see how these fit. I have one small toe that causes issues and I doubt they’d break in to accommodate.

2BB8B00B-1E4B-43AE-AB5B-9BF773AF4E20.jpeg
2DA828C6-4AB0-4961-BA10-661650FCA00E.jpeg 56849D3F-E1B5-4A3A-9D15-C7F28D67603A.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My 2nd quality Tankers came in and it looks like the issue is the stitching on the inside of the left boot at the sole is uneven. Not sure that’s really an issue I’d need to be concerned about.

Somehow, I think they feel a little tighter than the ptb blucher’s I tried that were half a size smaller. I’ll need to try on again in the next few days to really see how these fit. I have one small toe that causes issues and I doubt they’d break in to accommodate.

View attachment 1157622
View attachment 1157603 View attachment 1157604
They look pretty good to me. Better than some other companies 1sts.

ymc226

Reaction score
I'm moving from the East Coast to SoCal at the end of this year for good so instead of Alden boots and lace up shoes, I've collected 9 new pairs of only loafers over the winter. They are either Alden or Alden for Brooks. There are some duplicates as I got the Aldens first and when the Brooks' versions went on sale, I couldn't resist. Thanks to PhiloVance for getting me great deals on the Brooks mocha and snuff suede tassels.

From 7 o'clock clockwise: Brogue black cordovan Statesman, color 8 tassels, Brooks black cordovan tassels, snuff suede tassels, Brooks color 8 tassels, Brooks full strap black cordovan, Brooks mocha suede tassels, Brooks snuff suede tassels, center: Brogue color 8 Milano and the only 2 pairs that have been worn at 6 o'clock: color 8 LHS and snuff suede LHS.

The Statesman is in the Copley last while the Milano is in the Tom last. Both have the stitching of the toe box swept back compared with the Van last of the LHS. Along with narrower lasts for both, I find both of these loafers to be more elegant and more appropriate than the LHS to wear with wool dress pants which will have 1 3/4 inch cuffs and will be my everyday work wear.

loafers.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm moving from the East Coast to SoCal at the end of this year for good so instead of Alden boots and lace up shoes, I've collected 9 new pairs of only loafers over the winter. They are either Alden or Alden for Brooks. There are some duplicates as I got the Aldens first and when the Brooks' versions went on sale, I couldn't resist. Thanks to PhiloVance for getting me great deals on the Brooks mocha and snuff suede tassels.

From 7 o'clock clockwise: Brogue black cordovan Statesman, color 8 tassels, Brooks black cordovan tassels, snuff suede tassels, Brooks color 8 tassels, Brooks full strap black cordovan, Brooks mocha suede tassels, Brooks snuff suede tassels, center: Brogue color 8 Milano and the only 2 pairs that have been worn at 6 o'clock: color 8 LHS and snuff suede LHS.

The Statesman is in the Copley last while the Milano is in the Tom last. Both have the stitching of the toe box swept back compared with the Van last of the LHS. Along with narrower lasts for both, I find both of these loafers to be more elegant and more appropriate than the LHS to wear with wool dress pants which will have 1 3/4 inch cuffs and will be my everyday work wear.

View attachment 1157637
NICE collection!!!!! Does this mean you are getting rid of Alden Boots???? 9D?????

ymc226

Reaction score
NICE collection!!!!! Does this mean you are getting rid of Alden Boots???? 9D?????

I only have 4 pairs of Alden boots and numerous lace up shoes. Living in Princeton for the last 20+ years, I consider temps in the teens to be cold requiring boots. Moving back to Santa Monica which is my home town, I imagine that within a few years, just like all other Californians, I’ll consider temps in the 60s to be chilly and 50s to be downright freezing and appropriate boot weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads