• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymc226

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I've been a longtime AE shoe wearer but recently (like, yesterday) started going down the Alden LHS rabbit hole and want some desperately. To my disappointment, I learned that I'm literally a week or so late on the BB sale. A question - any chance I can still get a pair from BB? And any guidance on exactly what I should be asking for? I don't see any Aldens on the website.

Thanks for any help.

I called many BB stores directly last week looking for the LHS in burgundy. Several reps at several stores independently told me that they could see the inventory system wide in all stores and in the warehouse and there were no LHS left in my size. The salesperson at the Washington DC store also told me that all stores were instructed to send all of the Alden for BB cordovans back to the main warehouse so they could be sold online and to check back on the website in a few days for possibly new listings. These never materialized and the price of the remaining Aldens are back up to full price. Luckily, I was able to purchase 3 other cordovan Alden loafers at the sale price. Importantly, several reps at the stores told me even if my size was in stock at their location, I would have to go there in person to buy as company policy would not allow a credit card transaction over the phone due to prior fraud issues.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have "special" feet like me? For just about every AE last, I'm a 9D. For Barrie/Trubalance I'm an 8.5D. When I was at the DC store, Van last I'm an 8D. It's snug but not painful at all. Tried 8.5D and wasn't going to work. Felt weird going down a full size but hey, I'm blessed the Van last fits because loafers.

8D for me as well in Alden Van and Aberdeen loafers. 8.5D Barrie. 9D in everything AE. I do have a Van Ranger that’s a 9D. Could’ve gone 8.5D, but it’s all good.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Saturday gang. Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.
238D3DEB-7783-4279-AAEE-A248D0F068B6.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AFC39F1B-5C17-4D14-97A9-6D78D3C2FBC6.jpeg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D099E1CC-96FD-4F8C-9679-ED0CFB9E4271.jpeg
Today’s post swim loafer. Black cord Levi, Surfboards by Dewey Weber white tee. Yes, not a poser.. surfed all over San Clemente, California North an South, Hawaii, East Coast. Old schooler.. Grab that long board tri-fin and have some real fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads