• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2922B2AC-F505-48A7-AB63-60AD58333D7B.jpeg
BB Black Shell

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New seconds at TSM, I don't have any experience with 379x last, but would same size as Barrie or TB be the right call?

Yes. If you're looking at D5912HC, that's on Trubalance, not 379X. It's the Stronghold brown scotch grain tanker (I have that boot).

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1150619
Whiskey Wednesday. I love springtime!

Gorgeous shoes!

Not to be weird, but when I was showering last night I was thinking about shoes and your EXACT shoes popped into my mind. I thought to myself, "damn I haven't seen Hubbins post those in a while" and then continued washing my hair.

I am not kidding about the above, but I am happy you posted those!! :slayer:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems like I've missed out for good on the B+M City Mocc as it has been moved to the Last Call page. One of the two left is too small, the other too big. Of course when I have money in hand ready to buy, it's not an option. I recently expressed my interest, but I was told that with all of the other new B+M styles there were no plans to re-order it. Well, I guess that about settles that. The AOC-102 model is kind of sort of close, but I was digging the double waterlock on the City Mocc. I guess there's always the 9794 as well, but it's not quite the same thing. I know there's also the TSM snuff Ranger Mocc, but I generally don't find it quite as appealing.

Anyone know of any other mocc toe snuff bluchers on double waterlock out there?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JSO1 - I believe you quoted TSM saying they would list about 100 factory seconds every few days. It’s more like 10-20 every few days. Do you think we will see 100 in total over the next couple weeks?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JSO1 - I believe you quoted TSM saying they would list about 100 factory seconds every few days. It’s more like 10-20 every few days. Do you think we will see 100 in total over the next couple weeks?

It’s more that they’re adding sizes to existing makeups that are listed. So you might only see a few new styles listed in the number (right now it’s like 380) but they are adding many pairs. 380 styles listed but many more pairs available.

Reactions: DWH

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems like I've missed out for good on the B+M City Mocc as it has been moved to the Last Call page. One of the two left is too small, the other too big. Of course when I have money in hand ready to buy, it's not an option. I recently expressed my interest, but I was told that with all of the other new B+M styles there were no plans to re-order it. Well, I guess that about settles that. The AOC-102 model is kind of sort of close, but I was digging the double waterlock on the City Mocc. I guess there's always the 9794 as well, but it's not quite the same thing. I know there's also the TSM snuff Ranger Mocc, but I generally don't find it quite as appealing.

Anyone know of any other mocc toe snuff bluchers on double waterlock out there?

I’m guessing 7.5E Barrie is a no go for you? I might move mine (hardly worn, have a ton of shoes already).

ymc226

Reaction score
Just ordered these this morning after a poster let me know they were back on the BB website. Shipping quickly and I will have them by tomorrow. They will go along with my color 8 tassels from Alden, Milano loafer and Statesman loafer, both from Brogue. Presently, I am on a cordovan loafer kick although I am also waiting on the snuff suede tassel loafer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads