• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look very good, nice color of brown. They appear "more brown" than the 403's I have, although I bought mine a while ago, off the 'bay and they had some use and obvious abuse, before they came into my possession. Have you treated/done anything to yours?

I got them two years ago and treated them once or twice with a little VSC, but it’s been more than a year since any product. Just occasional brushing for maybe 15-20 seconds.

Reactions: DWH

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3C94F787-84D3-475B-992F-31ED75AA566B.jpeg

MMiUSA

Reaction score
i just bought my first pair of aldens and i was lucky enough to see a factory 2nd Black LWB in my size at TSM. Now im on the hunt for more aldens. I have two questions

1. Unrelated question - where does everyone buy their pants from to pair with their shoes? So i just discovered Bill's Khakis from another member. Bill's Khakis is a nice price point and offers a variety of materials in nice dress/casual work pants in a slim fit. I am looking for a grey donegal pant. I know there is spier&mckay and epaulet. Any others?

2. I just signed up for the rare leathers list for the TSM. I wasn't made aware of such a list if it wasnt for this thread. Is there any other shops that have this sort of list that I should sign up for?

Welcome to Alden ownership!

Bill's is really hard to beat IMO with quality to price. They are fantastic and consistent.

Hertling is my other fav. Hard to pass on their styles and consistency. Quality is great. For denim / chinos outside of those, I like Gustin, Bravestar, and Ciano Farmer.

mr.invincible

Reaction score
Curious, did you happen to get a similar note when trying to get onto the list? This seems contrary to the email that was posted over the weekend. Wondering if my response was unique or if this is the standard.

i got the same response

mr.invincible

Reaction score
Welcome to Alden ownership!

Bill's is really hard to beat IMO with quality to price. They are fantastic and consistent.

Hertling is my other fav. Hard to pass on their styles and consistency. Quality is great. For denim / chinos outside of those, I like Gustin, Bravestar, and Ciano Farmer.

Hertling is nice, but way over my budget. I am on the hunt for donegal pants, but unfortunately Bill's doesnt sell any at the moment

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think what is most important is that the color 8 perf cap toe with black flat welt on double leather is fabulous.

Indeed a terrific pattern.

Finally got around to putting some defender on these. This crap weather is really taking the fun out of pictures today and almost all north facing windows doesn’t help either.
D52DEB3F-1BF9-4B9A-B71F-9F30B3431AF0.jpeg

And on foot visiting DC over the weekend.
6C357FC7-09C5-4E1B-9C64-71EF42AD16F4.jpeg
548240DD-9BBD-4104-94DB-B79137DDA5D4.jpeg

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i occasionally see some old school wall streeters in suits with aldens on. but mostly it's dsw specials.. lots of square toes. i was shocked to see a young hipster with some indys on the 2 train to brooklyn one day.
so shocked i surreptitiously snapped a pic. he was also carrying a nice filson 256 bag. boy had good taste.

View attachment 1109212

These are J. Crew knockoffs.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it’s the lighting, but those shoes actually look quite a bit lighter than they used to when you first got them.
It's the lighting, they are not any lighter. Or perhaps the original photos made them look darker, don't know which. But I like them, if they were on Commando, they would be a good boot for going outside next couple of days, but cold/ice/snow makes for a slippery ride on their soles.

macher

Reaction score
It's the lighting, they are not any lighter. Or perhaps the original photos made them look darker, don't know which. But I like them, if they were on Commando, they would be a good boot for going outside next couple of days, but cold/ice/snow makes for a slippery ride on their soles.

Who has them on commando?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads