• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Black Grant last long wings from Black Fleece.
JTxEnKciTtKx5k-sROQHDA.jpg

And a Flieger Chrono today.
x2MiayaSTfyeFEDpW7icYg.jpg

Reaction score

shaunw

Reaction score
OK the boots showed up today (2 days late).

All is as expected except for one thing and I need some advice.

As noted the plan is to send them right out for new soles and general refurb. However this was not show nor mentioned by the seller.

View attachment 1111537 View attachment 1111538

Seems like a deal breaker to me me but looking for some advice from Alden experts on this boot.

ebay auction says buyer pays return shipping and 15% restocking fee but again this was not mentioned nor shown in the auction.

What should I do is this repairable, worth keeping and investing in resole, not sure it is noticeable a bit when laced.

Oh as for fit these 9.5's seem fine if they were new I maybe could have gone for the 10.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I’d return those. If you are interested in a 9.5E I have a nice pair of #8 shell PTBs with commando. Nearly new condition.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d return those. If you are interested in a 9.5E I have a nice pair of #8 shell PTBs with commando. Nearly new condition.

Yea trying to return this is what the seller just sent me. "During our inspection we never saw a tear on the leather on either boot.Can you please advise which boot has the tear, & provide additional photos because it was difficult to determine where the tear was. The boots were advertised as Pre-owned, not defective, which indicates there may be some extensive signs of wear. We are not obligated to highlight every detail in a PreOwned listing, however, we try to give full and adequate descriptions in our listings. We hope to resolve the issue amicably".

PM me a snap and what you are looking for, also how much wider is the E?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea trying to return this is what the seller just sent me. "During our inspection we never saw a tear on the leather on either boot.Can you please advise which boot has the tear, & provide additional photos because it was difficult to determine where the tear was. The boots were advertised as Pre-owned, not defective, which indicates there may be some extensive signs of wear. We are not obligated to highlight every detail in a PreOwned listing, however, we try to give full and adequate descriptions in our listings. We hope to resolve the issue amicably".

PM me a snap and what you are looking for, also how much wider is the E?
That's a big enough issue they should have had a picture showing it; not doing so is basically intentionally hiding the issue. Ebay tends to favor the buyer anyway

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yenni's Cassill loafer. I've admired it in the past because it checks off two wants at the same time: shell wholecut and shell Venetian. The 360/antique welt is a bit at odds with the formality of the uppers, but not enough so to turn me away... I'll be wearing mine this summer. Will you? :D

LS0059_CassilLoafer_02_Alt1.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Whiskey at the Costco fellas. Wife loves when I take these action pics.
View attachment 1111532

Ha. Very nice Matt. Hope that you had a good run... I would be highly surprised if your wife actually enjoyed that...

OK the boots showed up today (2 days late).

All is as expected except for one thing and I need some advice.

As noted the plan is to send them right out for new soles and general refurb. However this was not show nor mentioned by the seller.

View attachment 1111537 View attachment 1111538

Seems like a deal breaker to me me but looking for some advice from Alden experts on this boot.

ebay auction says buyer pays return shipping and 15% restocking fee but again this was not mentioned nor shown in the auction.

What should I do is this repairable, worth keeping and investing in resole, not sure it is noticeable a bit when laced.

Oh as for fit these 9.5's seem fine if they were new I maybe could have gone for the 10.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Yeah... I wouldn’t keep those and would return them ASAP.

Part of the "problem" with it being so freakin' cold out, and in the house with a lot of footwear, is I decided to change shoes (shocker, I know). Going Natty for a while. Wearing the Gustin Canvas "Chino" pants, really liking these. View attachment 1111578

LoL. You guys love to wear several pairs per day. :)

I've got olive chinos and these jeans, "mist" moleskin from Epaulet and my olive "thick-and-cozy" brushed canvas trousers that are among my favorites of all time:
Wv5G1Ee.jpg

I like green tones - lots of that in my wardrobe (hell, even my Filson hat and the Filson bag I recently sold were their "Otter Green" color) - YMMV ;)

They look good. I don’t look that great in Olive and don’t tend to purchase it.

Have had these for a year and this is only the 3rd time I've worn them. Makes no sense. Ravello utips from our good friends at AoC.........

View attachment 1111595 View attachment 1111596 View attachment 1111597

LoL. Yeah, I do that sometimes as well, not sure why.

View attachment 1111716 It’s suppose to snow a foot tonight but, I’m still pretty excited about these. Ravello plaza LHS.

Looking great, I saw those the other day. Enjoy your new Loafers.

Black Grant last long wings from Black Fleece.
View attachment 1111780

And a Flieger Chrono today.
View attachment 1111779

Both of those are phenomenal ZIP.

Looking good and thanks for self reporting the pants. :)

Yenni's Cassill loafer. I've admired it in the past because it checks off two wants at the same time: shell wholecut and shell Venetian. The 360/antique welt is a bit at odds with the formality of the uppers, but not enough so to turn me away... I'll be wearing mine this summer. Will you? :D

View attachment 1111901

They are cool, but I am not a huge Venetian guy. But I am glad there is a shoe for you! Enjoy the, this summer!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads