• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mykii2704

Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on sizing for barrie boots vs shoes? I fit a 10D comfortably, am a 10.5D for grant, but not sure if the Barrie in shoes will be equally tts to my boot size if there's a little room in them (comfy not loose per se). But I also don't want sloppy shoes. I know w/ other manufacturers like Carmina there is typically more volume on lasted boots vs shoes.
Bumping hoping someone has done the shoe / boot combo in Barrie so I can get this pre-order in :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on sizing for barrie boots vs shoes? I fit a 10D comfortably, am a 10.5D for grant, but not sure if the Barrie in shoes will be equally tts to my boot size if there's a little room in them (comfy not loose per se). But I also don't want sloppy shoes. I know w/ other manufacturers like Carmina there is typically more volume on lasted boots vs shoes.
I can only speak for myself, but I size the same in Barrie shoes and boots, and don't notice any difference in fit.

mykii2704

Reaction score
I can only speak for myself, but I size the same in Barrie shoes and boots, and don't notice any difference in fit.
Perfect, thanks mate! I'm a comfy 10.5D in grant and 10D in barrie boots, but I have to admit Ive always been tempted to try 9.5E to see how that goes. Bit risky on a preorder though!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks mate! I'm a comfy 10.5D in grant and 10D in barrie boots, but I have to admit Ive always been tempted to try 9.5E to see how that goes. Bit risky on a preorder though!
I have done this (down a full size from Grant with 'E' width) and it works but it will be a bit snug (at least initially). I would follow @audog 's advice and go 10D. No difference that Im aware of in boots v shoes.

mykii2704

Reaction score
I have done this (down a full size from Grant with 'E' width) and it works but it will be a bit snug (at least initially). I would follow @audog 's advice and go 10D. No difference that Im aware of in boots v shoes.
Thanks mate, think I will do that! (the 10D safe route that is).

Out of curiosity, did the -1 size +E look sleeker than ur TTS equivalents? The only thing I don't like about Barrie is the ...less than flattering proportions. Comfort wise its obviously a beast.

Bit worried about a Barrie shoe looking clunky.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you notice what was on TV? 🤣

I brought these from a fellow SF'r with the intent of using them as beaters. So far, they have been my most worn boots. Business casual and (gasp) once with a suit. JCrew cap's in a glorious shade of 8...........
View attachment 1256118

Happy Thursday gents (Friday for me 😜).

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.