• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fcdts26

Reaction score
Is there a preferred shop for ordering odd sizes? I’d like to get a shell Indy in 11 EEE. I’ve reached out to a few places but haven’t heard back.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a preferred shop for ordering odd sizes? I’d like to get a shell Indy in 11 EEE. I’ve reached out to a few places but haven’t heard back.

I will send you a PM with information.

user2855

Reaction score
Guys,

Just a quick FYI - a number of BNIB pairs of Alden's in US sizes 10.5 - 11 that I'm selling stupidly cheap in case you hadn't seen on the Ebay thread (easy to miss).

https://www.ebay.com/sch/us_l352/m.html?

All are completely BNIB and untouched and priced and bidding at USD $170 - 200 (note listings are in AUD so much cheaper in USD). All also available for US / EU / UK / NZ shipping from Australia with no issues.

Most auctions end in next 8 hours - make sure that you get your bids in.

Details are here
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-member-auctions.177939/page-635#post-9885595

Cheers.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahah, well I’m glad to hear that. The whole point of this Alden Madness is to have fun, learn, laugh, and enjoy the ride (walk?). I definitely had fun drafting that list.

One of these days I’ll make an effort to drive from Richmond to meet you in person and check out your great shop.

Until then, I will live vicariously through your pics.
When you do, please PM me and I'll make an effort to show up. A number of folks have streamed through Raleigh, and I was bummed to miss them. Matt and Jim are great dudes - any excuse to hang out is a good one :)

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-Post from our affiliate thread..

Happy Friday gents,
Here are some new Fall Winter arrivals from Alden

We've also added some new pre-orders on our Alden page (link below) as well, so check them out and let me know if you would like to reserve a pair in your size/width.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve - how true-to color is the pic of the Hunter Green Chamois? I have the tobacco chamois and it is much darker IRL than the pix Leffot had on their site for the pre-order. It's fine, but the dark color limits them a bit for me.

Also, this is a stupid question. Is it "Sham-ee" or "Sham-wah" - I'm pretty sure it's the former, but I feel wrong either way...

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y
Well, it's the end of a somewhat stressful and challenging week, so what better footwear for a Saturday evening the Alden boots that have all 3 of my favorite boot "things". Natty leather, Cap Toe, and Commando sole. These from the great guys at Ealdwine. Need to mow lawn, but probably not going to do it this week as they are saying temps near 90 and no rain in forecast for a week. View attachment 1240965 View attachment 1240966
Those are really nice. I need to swing over there and try them on to see how Plaza fits...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y

Those are really nice. I need to swing over there and try them on to see how Plaza fits...
I like the plaza last, not as slim as Aberdeen and not as voluminous as Barrie or TB. I went TTS and they fit very well. Have to go down 1/2 in Barrie and TB to get similar fit. At least on my feet. Have a great Sunday.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to keep postin the same unlined shell loafers so much. I only own three.. 8, black and Whiskey from C&J. Oh and a backup 8 nib as my intention is to put Antique Welt when the 8's need new soles.. now I wished I had done the same with black.
IMG_6325.JPG

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to keep postin the same unlined shell loafers so much. I only own three.. 8, black and Whiskey from C&J. Oh and a backup 8 nib as my intention is to put Antique Welt when the 8's need new soles.. now I wished I had done the same with black. View attachment 1241460

So good Chip. Still kicking myself for not grabbing a black pair during the Alden / BB divorce sale.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hate to keep postin the same unlined shell loafers so much. I only own three.. 8, black and Whiskey from C&J. Oh and a backup 8 nib as my intention is to put Antique Welt when the 8's need new soles.. now I wished I had done the same with black. View attachment 1241460
Post 'em every day! We like pictures of shoes here.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clean up Sunday and ready to start the work week tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads