• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kind of the inverse of what Alden does with crepe sole where they put leather on the tips.
I think topy tip would be irritating AF and it'd always be catching on carpets.
Agreed. I know AE specifically added the leather "toe tap" on their crepe because testers were tripping walking up stairs as the toe of the crepe caught different than they were expecting.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of the inverse of what Alden does with crepe sole where they put leather on the tips.
There is a version of flush toe tap that is rubber. I haven’t seen it used often though.

frankmartin

Reaction score
I've never found topy'd shoes to catch on carpets. They do however eliminate toe drag.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is wingtip Wednesday on this somber anniversary. I find it difficult to accept how much things have changed since that day. I would comment further, but that is not the purpose of the thread. So I will move on to day three of my first boot week.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same question. Boots are stellar! Also much prefer Coke to Pepsi.
When they did the New Coke thing years ago, I went out and bought 10 cases of old coke, was planning on storing it in the basement, unopened, and savor one or two a month until gone and then search for a decent Pepsi alternative, then they brought coke classic back, so I had a lot of Coca Cola in storage, oh well.

darkclassic

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I scored these as TSM seconds and they are stamped Leffot but I've never seen them otherwise. They were listed as barrie but are on the Grant last, with commando sole, brown grain with brass hardware. Wish they were 360 welt (my preference) but otherwise a terrific makeup.

woofmang

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I scored these as TSM seconds and they are stamped Leffot but I've never seen them otherwise. They were listed as barrie but are on the Grant last, with commando sole, brown grain with brass hardware. Wish they were 360 welt (my preference) but otherwise a terrific makeup.
They remind me of the original Dearborn, except with a captoe and without the suede shaft. Nice!

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.