• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, opinion time. I have a chance to pick up a pair of brown scotch grain LWBs. I love the leather, but I have not seen them posted here before. Antique edges on commando from B+M. The top picture is the actual shoe. The bottom is from the website. Opinions?

View attachment 1229205

View attachment 1229209
Get them. If I could get Barrie to work, I'd have these for sure, and wear the heck out of them!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Have em and love em. Pics from last week. Also wearing them today. A bit casual but can be worn with trousers.View attachment 1229270View attachment 1229271
Those are great and a nice coincidence that you were wearing them today!

Crappy old iPad photo.. classic shoe no longer #8 BB UnlinedView attachment 1229277
Looking stellar in your King LHSes. Those are great wish I was able to find a pair.

Finished putting in a little elbow grease on the Ravello wtbs and really happy with how they turned out. Also swapped the laces and was able to get a few photos on a sunny day (initial ones were overcast near dusk). The color is stunning and I'm not sure the pictures do them justice.

View attachment 1229290View attachment 1229291
Dude, those are looking great. Such a beautiful boot!

Doc, those Snuff Indy’s are just off the hook. Like the red rocks as well.

These new whiskey jumpers from the shoe Mart are quite dark, as far as whiskey goes. (At least my pair is). Here are some comparison pix with Ravello jumpers from ‘18.

View attachment 1229361View attachment 1229362View attachment 1229363
Saz, your new Whiskey Jumpers are looking great and will make a nice addition to your collection.

-Mike

woofmang

Reaction score
OK, I know I'm almost 66 years old and that must be the reason, but I keep going to Adams "last chance" site and looking at the AoC-3 Navy and White saddle shoe. I don't need them at all, and would probably only wear them 1 or 2 times a year, but there is something about the white shoe with the blue accent that is "calling me". So the question is this, am I nuts or just old? Or both I suppose.
You may be nuts, and you're probably not getting any younger, but those are plain great-looking shoes. If my collection had more depth, I'd love to have them.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I know I'm almost 66 years old and that must be the reason, but I keep going to Adams "last chance" site and looking at the AoC-3 Navy and White saddle shoe. I don't need them at all, and would probably only wear them 1 or 2 times a year, but there is something about the white shoe with the blue accent that is "calling me". So the question is this, am I nuts or just old? Or both I suppose.
I've picked up a few pairs from Adam's last chance inventory. The discount lowers the risk of something I may not wear that often. Some have even been sold later at a slight profit (though that has never been my motivation). To me, you describe an ideal situation to pick up something really cool and different and if you don't wear them too often, at his price point, its not really that big a deal.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished putting in a little elbow grease on the Ravello wtbs and really happy with how they turned out. Also swapped the laces and was able to get a few photos on a sunny day (initial ones were overcast near dusk). The color is stunning and I'm not sure the pictures do them justice.

View attachment 1229290View attachment 1229291
Man you've got some amazing color on those. Congrats.

These new whiskey jumpers from the shoe Mart are quite dark, as far as whiskey goes. (At least my pair is). Here are some comparison pix with Ravello jumpers from ‘18.

View attachment 1229361View attachment 1229362View attachment 1229363
I thought the same thing but then I did a comparison shot with some other whiskey and while I noticed some variation, it didn't seem out of the ordinary to me.......

20190821_160130.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Man you've got some amazing color on those. Congrats.

I thought the same thing but then I did a comparison shot with some other whiskey and while I noticed some variation, it didn't seem out of the ordinary to me.......

View attachment 1229478
Fantastic double dose of Whiskey right there Shawn! Your old and new Whiskey Boots are looking great!

View attachment 1229523

DC finally cools down enough to wear anything but loafers and shorts! B+M plaza Indy's from 2016
Wow. Glad that it cooled down enough for you to wear those, because they are insanely awesome!

-Mike

Xenos

Reaction score
Just checking to see if there’s any interest in these Alden x Epaulet Brixton boots on Barrie size 10D. Acquired these from another forum member a couple years ago but they never quite made it out on a maiden voyage. Thanks!

9A9BDC6C-5545-4A04-A85E-877DA6EC2D68.jpeg

69B72F56-7B83-4700-9B2D-7D9DF8D099FA.jpeg
2A732E59-4446-4431-8008-401F63A57557.jpeg
0D3881EE-976C-46CD-8003-E47F0B9F8B42.jpeg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Just checking to see if there’s any interest in these Alden x Epaulet Brixton boots on Barrie size 10D. Acquired these from another forum member a couple years ago but they never quite made it out on a maiden voyage. Thanks!

View attachment 1229565
Beautiful old Boots. Makes me wonder if that was the pair that I picked up for someone else many moons ago.

Alpine and color 8 saddles for Saddle Sunday (why not?)

View attachment 1229585
Beautiful Saddles. Those look so nice with the color and material combination.

"Jungle" boots on a Sunday afternoonView attachment 1229654
Great looking CT Boots! They are looking great in the green.

New to me Snuff Suede Monkstrap Brass Buckle

View attachment 1229715
Beautiful Snuff WT Monks. Congratulations on your acquisition!

Heading out to supper, Country Calf Indy boots get the call.View attachment 1229748
Fantastic looking Indy Boots Dog. Those have some really nice contrast to them.

-Mike

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.