• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, that’s awesome. As a fellow newish member, I look forward to hitting that milestone too. I would be there now if not for a few Carminas that have interrupted my Alden progress. How do you like the unlined Dover? I am in the preorder group that delivers in January and cannot wait to see them in person. Such a cool makeup.
Thanks! The unlined Dover is one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn; I love them. I'll bet you will, too.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, opinion time. I have a chance to pick up a pair of brown scotch grain LWBs. I love the leather, but I have not seen them posted here before. Antique edges on commando from B+M. The top picture is the actual shoe. The bottom is from the website. Opinions?

View attachment 1229205

View attachment 1229209
Have em and love em. Pics from last week. Also wearing them today. A bit casual but can be worn with trousers. View attachment 1229270 View attachment 1229271
I’ve thought about this pair for a while now. I like them a lot even if I don’t love commando. I’ve been slowing down my pace of additions and I know I still want whiskey and cigar lwb even if it takes forever, dr Jones boot on double leather whenever someone makes that a reality, and a #8 unlined Dover. These don’t make that list but all of those but 1 have limited obtainability. Going to give these more thought. Doc I know you love your LWB so you definitely should acquire.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, opinion time. I have a chance to pick up a pair of brown scotch grain LWBs. I love the leather, but I have not seen them posted here before. Antique edges on commando from B+M. The top picture is the actual shoe. The bottom is from the website. Opinions?

View attachment 1229205

View attachment 1229209
Get them. If I could get Barrie to work, I'd have these for sure, and wear the heck out of them!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Have em and love em. Pics from last week. Also wearing them today. A bit casual but can be worn with trousers. View attachment 1229270 View attachment 1229271

Those are great and a nice coincidence that you were wearing them today!

Crappy old iPad photo.. classic shoe no longer #8 BB Unlined View attachment 1229277

Looking stellar in your King LHSes. Those are great wish I was able to find a pair.

Finished putting in a little elbow grease on the Ravello wtbs and really happy with how they turned out. Also swapped the laces and was able to get a few photos on a sunny day (initial ones were overcast near dusk). The color is stunning and I'm not sure the pictures do them justice.

View attachment 1229290 View attachment 1229291

Dude, those are looking great. Such a beautiful boot!

Doc, those Snuff Indy’s are just off the hook. Like the red rocks as well.

These new whiskey jumpers from the shoe Mart are quite dark, as far as whiskey goes. (At least my pair is). Here are some comparison pix with Ravello jumpers from ‘18.

View attachment 1229361 View attachment 1229362 View attachment 1229363

Saz, your new Whiskey Jumpers are looking great and will make a nice addition to your collection.

-Mike

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I know I'm almost 66 years old and that must be the reason, but I keep going to Adams "last chance" site and looking at the AoC-3 Navy and White saddle shoe. I don't need them at all, and would probably only wear them 1 or 2 times a year, but there is something about the white shoe with the blue accent that is "calling me". So the question is this, am I nuts or just old? Or both I suppose.
You may be nuts, and you're probably not getting any younger, but those are plain great-looking shoes. If my collection had more depth, I'd love to have them.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I know I'm almost 66 years old and that must be the reason, but I keep going to Adams "last chance" site and looking at the AoC-3 Navy and White saddle shoe. I don't need them at all, and would probably only wear them 1 or 2 times a year, but there is something about the white shoe with the blue accent that is "calling me". So the question is this, am I nuts or just old? Or both I suppose.

I've picked up a few pairs from Adam's last chance inventory. The discount lowers the risk of something I may not wear that often. Some have even been sold later at a slight profit (though that has never been my motivation). To me, you describe an ideal situation to pick up something really cool and different and if you don't wear them too often, at his price point, its not really that big a deal.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished putting in a little elbow grease on the Ravello wtbs and really happy with how they turned out. Also swapped the laces and was able to get a few photos on a sunny day (initial ones were overcast near dusk). The color is stunning and I'm not sure the pictures do them justice.

View attachment 1229290 View attachment 1229291

Man you've got some amazing color on those. Congrats.

These new whiskey jumpers from the shoe Mart are quite dark, as far as whiskey goes. (At least my pair is). Here are some comparison pix with Ravello jumpers from ‘18.

View attachment 1229361 View attachment 1229362 View attachment 1229363

I thought the same thing but then I did a comparison shot with some other whiskey and while I noticed some variation, it didn't seem out of the ordinary to me.......

20190821_160130.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Man you've got some amazing color on those. Congrats.

I thought the same thing but then I did a comparison shot with some other whiskey and while I noticed some variation, it didn't seem out of the ordinary to me.......

View attachment 1229478

Fantastic double dose of Whiskey right there Shawn! Your old and new Whiskey Boots are looking great!

View attachment 1229523

DC finally cools down enough to wear anything but loafers and shorts! B+M plaza Indy's from 2016

Wow. Glad that it cooled down enough for you to wear those, because they are insanely awesome!

-Mike

Xenos

Reaction score
Just checking to see if there’s any interest in these Alden x Epaulet Brixton boots on Barrie size 10D. Acquired these from another forum member a couple years ago but they never quite made it out on a maiden voyage. Thanks!

9A9BDC6C-5545-4A04-A85E-877DA6EC2D68.jpeg

69B72F56-7B83-4700-9B2D-7D9DF8D099FA.jpeg
2A732E59-4446-4431-8008-401F63A57557.jpeg
0D3881EE-976C-46CD-8003-E47F0B9F8B42.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads