• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Nyxbrock

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone had some experience with the Modified last and can assist.
I own a pair of fairly new Barrie last boots in E width that fit comfortably with ample space towards the heel.
My left pinky joint are a bit snug sometimes when my feet are a bit swollen but for the most part they fit fine.
Any insight or help as to which size (width) I would need to get for the Modified and do I stay same size for length?

Reaction score
Has anyone had the opportunity to check out the new handsewn loafer at leffot?
Haven't checked it out, but it looks great in the pictures.

Vocans

Reaction score
Thanks to another member here, managed to pick up a gently worn pair of Ravello wing tip boots from a 2011 run. These are my first pair of older Ravello but the color is so much more red than recent runs and I've posted a few pictures next to my 2019 chukkas for comparison. Still have a little more work to do on these but can't wait to start wearing them.

Also, by popular demand another picture with the ever sociable Indy (unfortunately not the best picture of the boots).

20190822_181152.jpg

20190822_180956.jpg

20190822_181052.jpg

20190822_181720.jpg

ironclad

Reaction score
Thanks to another member here, managed to pick up a gently worn pair of Ravello wing tip boots from a 2011 run. These are my first pair of older Ravello but the color is so much more red than recent runs and I've posted a few pictures next to my 2019 chukkas for comparison. Still have a little more work to do on these but can't wait to start wearing them.

Also, by popular demand another picture with the ever sociable Indy (unfortunately not the best picture of the boots).

View attachment 1228319

View attachment 1228317

View attachment 1228318

View attachment 1228310
Hahahah, Indy is the best!

Great boots too. The older Ravello is epic compared to a few more recent Brownvello releases. Hopefully Indy gives them a headbutt or approval.

Vocans

Reaction score
Hahahah, Indy is the best!

Great boots too. The older Ravello is epic compared to a few more recent Brownvello releases. Hopefully Indy gives them a headbutt or approval.
He's a big ham. One of the friendliest and most outgoing cats I've met and greets me (and anyone else) at the door everyday and then follows you from room to room for the next 20 to 30 minutes. Loves nothing more than pats, attacking shoelaces and nonexistent gremlins under my bed sheets, and crushed ice. Total weirdo.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I've tried toe taps but they just don't work for me. For dark edges, topy's are the way to go. The 3 8's either had taps or nothing and the toe drag was bad. Decided to go back to what I know and took the 3 8's to my cobbler. He's a guy in his 50's who spends his day flirting with all the women while his dad (original shop owner) does most of the work. The problem is that when his dad works on my shoes I have to clean the black polish residue from my shoes. A little Collonil (thanks again @smfdoc) and they clean up nicely. No product on the cigars. My normal wipe/brush after wearing them today.......

20190822_200757.jpg
20190822_200728.jpg

I just love me some Alden 8.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I've tried toe taps but they just don't work for me. For dark edges, topy's are the way to go. The 3 8's either had taps or nothing and the toe drag was bad. Decided to go back to what I know and took the 3 8's to my cobbler. He's a guy in his 50's who spends his day flirting with all the women while his dad (original shop owner) does most of the work. The problem is that when his dad works on my shoes I have to clean the black polish residue from my shoes. A little Collonil (thanks again @smfdoc) and they clean up nicely. No product on the cigars. My normal wipe/brush after wearing them today.......

View attachment 1228359View attachment 1228360

I just love me some Alden 8.
Nice shot! What didn’t you like about the taps Shawn?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shot! What didn’t you like about the taps Shawn?
Thanks! I didn't hate the look but I didn't like it either. The topy, with dark edges, is just cleaner to me (notice that I do have taps on the cigars). Additionally every once in a while I would scrap my toe and one would come undone. Nothing major, just like the topy better.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't hate the look but I didn't like it either. The topy, with dark edges, is just cleaner to me (notice that I do have taps on the cigars). Additionally every once in a while I would scrap my toe and one would come undone. Nothing major, just like the topy better.
You talking the plastic or metal taps? I’ve used the plastic ones before but just ordered some metal ones.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You talking the plastic or metal taps? I’ve used the plastic ones before but just ordered some metal ones.
I've only used plastic though I'm seriously considering thw integrated taps for my antique edge footwear. Just not sure who to use.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.