• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those Dune? Aging nicely if so.
Indeed.

When Tim Conway died, I went on a nostalgic YouTube binge of Carol Burnett bits. I still get them as "suggested videos" and I dutifully watch them for a good laugh. Now I'm wondering if he was wearing Aldens for this bit...
It was a bit of a surprise to see boots...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:) I eyeballed Yenni's stuff pretty hard, and almost bought that pair.
I bought this pair to replace a pair of Natty NST that IS on Barrie, but got some automotive fluids (Brake fluid or ATF) on them and have now be relegated to lawn duty because they are basically ruined with a giant spot on the right boot. I actually like these better than those, but when I mow, I have the best mowing footwear in the neighborhood :)

Profligate47

Reaction score
I was on the hunt for a pair of black shell unlined LHS until I sort of satisfied the need with a pair of black shell tassels. Personally, I love the look of traditionally formal shoes (i.e. shiny, black) with informal clothes, like pairing black tassels and no socks with a pair of chinos. I might be in the minority, but I love black shell (and we don't see a ton on here). On a very related note, I may or may not have just bought a pair of those black suede tassels in Unionmade's sale in celebration after going in for a full knee ACL reconstruction yesterday and them amazingly finding almost nothing wrong. I was staring at months on crutches without my Aldens and now I'm looking at 1-2 weeks...
Just got these for occasional tuxedo wear.
IMG_4014.jpg

Like them also with some casual attire...

Last edited:

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.