• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have found commando to be quite comfortable on shoes and their informality goes well open laced shoes, even if they were cap toes. Cleaned up for tomorrow.

98D5641C-D17E-4183-A6BD-FE23AD290B3C.jpeg

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled out a speedhook (and ripped the shell) on my beloved color 8 captoes...not sure that this is repairable.View attachment 1222362
Sorry that happened to your boots. Worst case, I'm sure you can have someone skilled replace two of the speed hooks with eyelets leaving you with only the two speedhooks at the top of the boot.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They stomped all over Jakarta and a bit of Seoul as well as both of the long stretches out, between and back, so they were taking care of all kinds of comfort. They do alarm, so they come off even at TSA, but they're easy to get off and on. Whenever I resole them I might consider a fiberglass shank if such a thing is available in the right size/dimensions, but they are fantastic. I'm not sure why, but I decided not to bring/wear the AExMD chukkas I have (that are also green suede - don't judge me).

If you are OK going outside the Alden family for a resole, Brian the Bootmaker offers a couple of options to make your Aldens TSA friendly. He can do a non-metal shank. He resoled my suede crepe chukka (barrie) with a Vibram Christy that doesn't have a shank.

Would love to pick up one of his custom boots one day as well.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.