1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Dec 31, 2018.

1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

2. macher

macher Senior Member

Hi recently bought a pair of Innsbruck Indy’s from eBay in pretty great shape in a 7.5D TB last.

The 7.5D Innsbruck’s are just a tad too sloppy. I’m suspecting it’s possible that the seller wore them for a bit and decided they were too small / too narrow because seller had multiple 7.5D’s for sale in almost new condition.

I tried wearing the Innsbruck’s with a very thin insole and it helped snug up the fit. But it seems like the lacing is too close together especially as the laces go up to speed hooks. I mean the leather is pretty much touching.

I was wondering how much more narrow a C width would be and if it would solve the laces being too close or this is normal. I’ve seen a lot of pic’s of people wearing Indy’s and the laces are not as close as mine are. I’m also wondering if the seller stretched them out too much? Any advice would be appreciated as I’m ready to pull the trigger on another pair of Alden boots in the TB last. Thanks!

3. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Do you have thin ankles? Is this your TTS size or is it half down?

4. macher

macher Senior Member

Hi I have thin ankles and 7.5D in TB is a 1/2 size down from my actual Brannock size. I was wondering how a C width would fit.

5. DWH

DWH Senior Member

Same ankle issue here. I wear 11.5B in TB and still have the shaft lacing issue that I see in your pic. My feet/ankle are secure so I won’t try a narrower width. Maybe, if it’s a big enough issue down the road - only been wearing mine for a few weeks - then I’ll try a tongue pad. Thicker socks aren’t helping much. It’s not as noticeable on my other pair of 11.5 TB boots but that’s probably just a slight variation due to leather type or workman. One other solution might be to try heavier waxed laces - the round sort or the leather sort.

6. macher

macher Senior Member

Yea I wear pretty heavy socks and a very thin insert. Problem is if I wanted to try a C width they have to be ordered and since it’s not a stock item I think I might be stuck with them. I’m definitely a solid D on the Brannock.

7. galileo

galileo Senior Member

Entering Whiskey Wednesday in different shade
    86010E90-F1C7-465D-8001-CA6339381C18.jpeg 1AE1103E-0EAA-4839-832C-73A844DAA7E9.jpeg

8. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Got the hole is some of mine as well. It's from lasting.

9. DWH

DWH Senior Member

C is a stock width in the stock work boots. Any retailer can call the factory to have that checked for you. They might have 7.5C in stock. I see an 8C 403 at TSM in case that interests you.

10. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

11. audog

audog Distinguished Member

E701D982-5777-4F5F-9183-1F7AC540DB92.jpeg AoC boots in waiting room for Chiropractor

12. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

Hey SF pals,
    TSM just sent out the anual price increase heads-up notice:

Quote:
    "Due to the increasing costs of materials and labor, first quality Alden shoes will be going up in price anywhere from $8-$22 per pair. Save on your favorite models before the prices go up!"

13. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

Yes, the yearly price increase always happens in late January / early February.

14. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

Happy New Year Gentlemen.
    4X4 x LS

E19528E6-9C79-4D75-8C0D-152EE93E436E.jpeg

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member