• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn't big on black denim until recently. I'm stoked on them now haha. Hunting green or earth chamois? 🤔

View attachment 1209492
For wear with black denim, darn near any darker color would work, but then so would a nice lighter suede or even a burnished tan calf. When I wear my black denim, I gravitate towards a color 8 boot, but that's just me. And one can never go wrong with hunter green, except maybe if wearing shorts......

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I was playing guess the boot for my picture @audog ;)

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe maintenance time. Or as my wife would say 'gettin my shoe cobbler on'. Normal tools of the trade......

20190720_132820.jpg

Will be adding toe taps to a couple of pair as well. 2 down, a few more to go......

20190720_133715.jpg

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe maintenance time. Or as my wife would say 'gettin my shoe cobbler on'. Normal tools of the trade......

View attachment 1209595

Will be adding toe taps to a couple of pair as well. 2 down, a few more to go......

View attachment 1209597
This is it for now. Wasn't planning on posting but these came out so incredible I decided to share. Of the 5 done so far, the seee-gaaaars are the only one with product. A little Alden brown paste. Excuse the non-Alden pic but I have always believed that the design of the Strand has no equal. Got these off the defect rack because the color was uneven. They have evened up and exhibit the most unique shade of brown of any shells I own......

20190720_142331.jpg

When the whiskey looks that good, chicken legs are allowed.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is it for now. Wasn't planning on posting but these came out so incredible I decided to share. Of the 5 done so far, the seee-gaaaars are the only one with product. A little Alden brown paste. Excuse the non-Alden pic but I have always believed that the design of the Strand has no equal. Got these off the defect rack because the color was uneven. They have evened up and exhibit the most unique shade of brown of any shells I own......

View attachment 1209618

Lol thank you Shawn. Your pics always look the way catalog photos should. Outstanding.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score

View attachment 1209618

Love the little care box in the back as well. Looking fantastic. Hope you’re having a good Saturday!

Vocans

Reaction score
I've never been much of a loafer guy but the unlined BB makeup may make me rethink that stance (and I think Indiana agrees). While these are very comfortable sockless, I'm fairly confident a lined loafer on Van wouldn't work with my instep. Going to have to try one on Grant or hope Alden introduces a partially lined shell model on Van.

20190720_164426.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fortunate in that my feet don't sweat much, I never wear no-shows. Completely nude for me.

seeing all these loafers, y'all go sockless? or what no show socks work for you?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.