• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something Fun... Alden Dog (or Cat) Day on 4th of July.

Gentlemen, with the upcoming holiday (4th of July), I thought that it would be fun to do something different and fun. For those of us with a furry (or feathery or whatever) companion, I thought that we could share a picture of our fabulous footwear and our furry friends. Please join @MrDV and I on this on 4th of July.

A teaser for fun...

View attachment 1197897

Thanks,
Mike
I’m all over that!

jnik

Reaction score
Spent some time cleaning these up last night.
20190626_054824.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gentlemen, with the upcoming holiday (4th of July), I thought that it would be fun to do something different and fun. For those of us with a furry (or feathery or whatever) companion, I thought that we could share a picture of our fabulous footwear and our furry friends. Please join @MrDV and I on this on 4th of July.

A teaser for fun...

View attachment 1197897

Thanks,
Mike
I'll play :)

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a couple pair of boots on that sole, and while not my favorite sole, it IS darn comfy. I honestly can't put my finger on why it isn't my favorite, perhaps its the leather toe cap thing, but if I were to rank I would put leather first, commando second, wedge third and crepe fourth. But that is just my opinion. And I would put Waterloc, etc with leather as I'm sure someone would say "What about ........"
The only pro in my opinion with the crepe sole is the comfort. Other than that I find it more bulky looking than I want a shoe to be. It’s for sure a casual look. I sold mines earlier then I need to only because I remember other forum users saying how crepe soles ages faster in appearance. They look nice right out of the box but sadly looks horrible with continuous use.
Honestly with that price point, I’ll rather go with a commando or double leather sole.
Gentlemen, I appreciate your input. It's a really nice-looking makeup, but the crepe soles are a sticking point. I think I'll probably keep looking...

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A teaser for fun...

View attachment 1197897

Thanks,
Mike
I guess that old New Yorker cartoon is true:

I've read many posts here by @MrDV and never once suspected... :-D

Sounds like fun - if I can get Harry to stand still for a minute in the vicinity of a pair of Aldens, I'll be sure to post the result.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A teaser for fun...

View attachment 1197897

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for posting Mike.
I hope folks share pictures and narratives. It’ll be fun to learn a little more about our Alden community.

Well played @woofmang
Mike only feeds me Leffot deer bones.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course; Leffot's are the best deer bones, aren't they?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals. I opted for the classic king wing.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I encountered a pair of Alden "work boots" that were made on the CDI last. Having never heard of the CDI last, I toss out the subject to the collective wisdom of the thread in the hopes someone knows about and will be able to compare it to some of the other more common lasts.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I encountered a pair of Alden "work boots" that were made on the CDI last. Having never heard of the CDI last, I toss out the subject to the collective wisdom of the thread in the hopes someone knows about and will be able to compare it to some of the other more common lasts.

From a cached version of an orthopedic shoe retailer that sold Alden orthopedic shoes:

Alden Shoes for Foot Health​

Contoured Depth Inlay (C.D.I.)

This unique system offers precise fitting and correction location with up to 3/8" insert depth. All C.D.I. shoes are manufactured to Alden's highest quality standard. Full leather Goodyear welt construction, supple full grain leathers, soft leather linings are combined with tempered steel shanks, long medial counters, and leather insoles for strong support with softness. Alden's C.D.I. shoes offer a wide choice of styles, from imported calf dress oxfords to our updated casual ultra softs. No matter how difficult the case, Alden's C.D.I. shoes are a most versatile trouble shooter.

Applications

• CDI can most effectively be used to rebalance the entire foot with perfect fit and complete comfort since both shoe and inlay are compatible in design.

• CDI may be used where extra room for hammer toes or overlapping toes is needed.

• CDI may be used for severe metatarsalgia cases, where a depth impression for heads is desired along with proper rebalance.

• CDI may be used for spur heels since inserts are easily modified.

• CDI may be used for adjusting size differences of feet without custom shoes.

• CDI may be indicated for the arthritic sensitive foot where a part of or the entire plantar surface is involved, by replacing certain areas of the inlay with various new soft resilient products.

• CDI has the accommodation for successful use with internal bracing.

• CDI may be used in some cases of temporary foot edema where a gradual change in size is required.

• CDI shoes will accommodate other custom inlays with better results because the lasts are scientifically designed for this purpose.

• CDI is a specially designed shoe constructed with a removable Contoured Depth Inlay.

• CDI shoes are designed with varying degrees of depth to accommodate inlays and deformity while retaining fit and hindfoot control with complete forefoot freedom.

• Each shoe carries a full length Contour Depth Inlay of resilient material designed to serve as a removable base, and whose plantar surfaces approach the neutral position in weight bearing.

• CDI offers you the opportunity to check fit and feel in one visit without costly and painful revisits and complaints. After the desired foot balance has been achieved, a careful record of the patient's modification can be retained, and the inlay permanently cemented within the shoe.

• CDI is good looking! Looks normal because of its unique design. It is featherlight and strong, a great combination.
Advantages

• The great advantage of CDI is that it allows a professionally corrected insert to be accommodated immediately in a compatible shoe with extra room, extra depth.

• CDI is quality, the best materials with the best possible basic design. It is a professional item with a sophisticated scientific background of research and development. CDI can eliminate the need for costly custom shoes or mismates.

• CDI results can never be disturbed because of poor shoe accommodation since the shoe and inlay are "design compatible".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads