• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Long-time lurker (3ish years?) here who is finally getting to the point where the Alden collection is resembling enough of an addiction to where posting seems like a necessity. I'm posted up in Chicago for the next month working on a graduate thesis and could only bring two pairs (the horror), my factory second unlined BB LHS in #8 and these bad boys, new 664s which I got hooked up with from Gentlemen's Footwear last month. Looking forward to joining the discussion – have always loved following along here!

View attachment 1197682

p.s.: how's my Matt step?
I like it!! Big fan of tassels here. I don’t think the get the respect they deserve.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Long-time lurker (3ish years?) here who is finally getting to the point where the Alden collection is resembling enough of an addiction to where posting seems like a necessity. I'm posted up in Chicago for the next month working on a graduate thesis and could only bring two pairs (the horror), my factory second unlined BB LHS in #8 and these bad boys, new 664s which I got hooked up with from Gentlemen's Footwear last month. Looking forward to joining the discussion – have always loved following along here!

View attachment 1197682

Welcome aboard! Enjoy Chicago while there. Great choices of shoes to bring to the Windy City. Looking forward to many more posts.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to hate commando, but I agree on boots it's a great sole for wear and city walking.

On dress boots or other makeups I much prefer leather, but I'll give commando the edge for casual makeups :)
I much prefer leather sole as well, but for a rubber sole Commando is a very good one. I HATE Dainite, so have stopped buying boots from any company that has Dainite.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol I’ve reported it twice and still on there.
It won't go away, you should send an invoice for the photo to the seller. Something like $10,000 for use or threaten to sue for infringement.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like it!! Big fan of tassels here. I don’t think the get the respect they deserve.
Tassel loafers are an interesting breed, on the right last they look great, on the wrong last they look a bit like a Target "dress" shoe.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It won't go away, you should send an invoice for the photo to the seller. Something like $10,000 for use or threaten to sue for infringement.
The internet has made many things easier than they once were. Including theft. Especially theft. ☹

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The internet has made many things easier than they once were. Including theft. Especially theft. ☹
If it were not for the internet, we wouldn't be here :) Agree, that theft is rampant, which is why I like everyone here, I don't have to worry about theft or deception, all great guys and for some reason, I would trust guys I meet on SF, Ebay is a different story however.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it were not for the internet, we wouldn't be here :) Agree, that theft is rampant, which is why I like everyone here, I don't have to worry about theft or deception, all great guys and for some reason, I would trust guys I meet on SF, Ebay is a different story however.
True that.

woofmang

Reaction score
+1

jnik

Reaction score
Hey folks,

View attachment 1197682

Welcome, great handle

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.