• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Commando sole on boots, just the right combo of traction, comfort and looks. It seems like there has been a commando on everything trend, and some things lend themselves to other soles, but for a boot Commando is much, much better than Dainite or other rubber soles, IMHO.

I used to hate commando, but I agree on boots it's a great sole for wear and city walking.

On dress boots or other makeups I much prefer leather, but I'll give commando the edge for casual makeups :)

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just catching up here - so Matt has stolen the AoM shipment of those blue suede boots, dyed them black, and absconded to Pakistan where he's selling them at a deep loss? Does Jim realize his partner has gone off the deep end??

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just catching up here - so Matt has stolen the AoM shipment of those blue suede boots, dyed them black, and absconded to Pakistan where he's selling them at a deep loss? Does Jim realize his partner has gone off the deep end??
And also called it a chukka

woofmang

Reaction score

DocWatson

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Long-time lurker (3ish years?) here who is finally getting to the point where the Alden collection is resembling enough of an addiction to where posting seems like a necessity. I'm posted up in Chicago for the next month working on a graduate thesis and could only bring two pairs (the horror), my factory second unlined BB LHS in #8 and these bad boys, new 664s which I got hooked up with from Gentlemen's Footwear last month. Looking forward to joining the discussion – have always loved following along here!

p.s.: how's my Matt step?

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Long-time lurker (3ish years?) here who is finally getting to the point where the Alden collection is resembling enough of an addiction to where posting seems like a necessity. I'm posted up in Chicago for the next month working on a graduate thesis and could only bring two pairs (the horror), my factory second unlined BB LHS in #8 and these bad boys, new 664s which I got hooked up with from Gentlemen's Footwear last month. Looking forward to joining the discussion – have always loved following along here!

View attachment 1197682

p.s.: how's my Matt step?
Welcome! And, not bad! Hope to see you post much more!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.