• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up these green grasshoppers recently from @IronRiceBowl (thank you sir) and just getting around to posting. Copley last, 270 flex welt. They were a makeup for a store in Mexico called The Silver Deer. I should mention they sent him the wrong size and did not reply to his request for exchange. Anyway, I’m very pleased with the darker shade. For Alden accuracy, is it called Hunting or Hunter Green? I’ve seen it both ways.
DABE6A7E-7708-4CA7-8187-74AE2039A857.jpeg

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
C5AE1ACB-BFFB-48E6-8B41-361374BF5F74.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up these green grasshoppers recently from @IronRiceBowl (thank you sir) and just getting around to posting. Copley last, 270 flex welt. They were a makeup for a store in Mexico called The Silver Deer. I should mention they sent him the wrong size and did not reply to his request for exchange. Anyway, I’m very pleased with the darker shade. For Alden accuracy, is it called Hunting or Hunter Green? I’ve seen it both ways.
View attachment 1195031
Look great! Impressions of fit on the copley? did you get your normal brannock size?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice, is that the van lasted lhs?
Am thinking about jumping on the preorder at B+M for a copley lasted snuff loafer. Although I'd jump on van preorder if yenni had that open.

Also, honey linen trousers? Whatever, they are nice
Thanks!
Yup. Alden's standard model van; you don't even have to wait for a pre-order. I ordered them from yenni; 16 week lead for standard builds not in stock.
I considered the Copley build, but i'd just gotten the green LHS and knew the van was a winner. I had a pair of Copley derbies that pretty fit well, with maybe a slightly too wide heel as I recall.

Yup. Honey linen suit for the 100 degree day!

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look great! Impressions of fit on the copley? did you get your normal brannock size?
Thanks yeah, I’m glad I went a half size down for this suede loafer. I’m a 9D brannock. I’m right on the line at 8.5D but my arch length is a 9D. Standard Brannock advice would be that I’m a 9D based in the longer arch. And that’s what fits best in AE across the board and pretty much all other brands. But in Alden, I need to go an extra half down from standard sizing advice for my best fit. But I don’t do that. I go standard Alden sizing advice and use a Foundation brand 1/4” flat memory foam insole. That gives me a very comfortable fit without being snug and having to deal with any break in issues. The cushion insole I use, in my estimation, distributes the weight across the footbed so that the cork compresses more evenly if very much at all and it keeps the shoe’s insole looking new. Plus it’s like walking around on clouds all day. Copley has a nice medium narrow rounded forefoot, not overly long nor short, and no toe bulge for me. The middle and rear end have more of a fuller profile than Aberdeen. Not as much as Van.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Getting started early on this Thirsty Thursday

View attachment 1195101
Starting early here as well, but a nice light white wine, after 2 hours in a dental chair............ My dentist was wearing AE's (MacNeils I think) and had some awesome "fun" socks on, but that didn't really make up for the time he spent with his fists in my mouth.
IMG_6763.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great pic! Love Kavalan. Not to derail shoe related discussions but have you tried the Sherry Cask Single Malt? Amazing...
Don't worry too much about derailing, head over to the AE thread and see what derailed can really look like. Which is, of course, part of the reason it has over 1300 pages :). To keep it on point, torn between Ravello or Cigar for thing wife and I are to go to tonight. My gut is telling me cigar boots, so perhaps I will go with them. Will post pix later.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry too much about derailing, head over to the AE thread and see what derailed can really look like. Which is, of course, part of the reason it has over 1300 pages :). To keep it on point, torn between Ravello or Cigar for thing wife and I are to go to tonight. My gut is telling me cigar boots, so perhaps I will go with them. Will post pix later.
I miss that about the AE thread. So many good topics going on there. I've tried to derail this thread a handful of times but the people here don't give in as easy :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads