• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cap toe bluchers for a Tuesday.

AMD500

Reaction score
Gray denim? 🔥
Thanks. Gray or olive denim, white oxford & color 8 shoes or boots are my daily uniform. If I'm meeting a client, I maybe, MAYBE, put on a soft shoulders navy blazer. Keeps thing simple.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Does anyone go down 1 full size for Van last in loafer? (cordovan and suede) or like general consensus, only half size down from your normal brannock size?

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone go down 1 full size for Van last in loafer? (cordovan and suede) or like general consensus, only half size down from your normal brannock size?
1/2 down works amazing for me, which is also my TB/Barrie size. With the lower vamp of Van, they might be quite tight on you a full size down.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can and probably should but I like to go only half down and use a 1/4” flat memory foam insole.

mattw

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know a retailer doing dark brown suede LWBs on a leather sole? All I'm aware of at the moment is Brick + Mortar with a makeup on commando

jamesnyc

Reaction score
1/2 down works amazing for me, which is also my TB/Barrie size. With the lower vamp of Van, they might be quite tight on you a full size down.
Thank you for your answer. what about Aberdeen last (cordovan/calf/suede tassel loafer)? Did you choose TTS or half size down?

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. what about Aberdeen last (cordovan/calf/suede tassel loafer)? Did you choose TTS or half size down?
Same. Standard Alden sizing advice (TTS) for Aberdeen but I add an insole. Without it, I go a half down. I don’t appreciate a significant difference between calf, suede or cordovan, personally. YMMV. Always start with standard Alden sizing advice and go from there.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.