1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

2. audog

audog Distinguished Member

3. audog

Adam was RIGHT!!! When I ordered the Indy boots pictured in my snow photo earlier today, I told him I was needing a good boot to wear in snow while running snowblower and walking dog. He said "don't worry, they will handle it". Today I got to experiment with them vs the AE Higgins Mills boot. HM=slippery and wet feet, Alden=not slippery, dry feet (both were worn for 1/2 hour while running the snowblower). I think I may get rid of the HM's as I have Natty Indy's and prefer either Lug or Commando sole to Dainite. Or just relegate them to "nice weather" boots as they don't make Natty HM any more. But Adam was RIGHT!!!

4. audog

Those laces are really nice and look good with the suede. I may have to order some. Are they waxed well? Or straight cotton.

5. audog

Cross Post question from AE thread. Has anyone here ever ordered a pair of trousers from a company named Hertling, in NY? Got an email and there is a pair of Donegal Trousers with side tabs that look very interesting. But I have no experience with the company.

6. GGMac

GGMac Senior Member

Yes, myself and many others here have trousers from Hertling. I’ve purchased all mine through @Epaulet and they are quality trousers. Just make sure the fit is what you are looking for but quality isn’t an issue.

7. audog

Thank you.

8. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Senior Member

We got DUMPED on big time. We're so close so I suspect we are in the same storm. I have yet to shovel my driveway, waiting for it to stop before I go out and work hard!

9. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Senior Member

Should a Balmoral Barrie and a Blucher Barrie lasted shoe fit the same way? In other words, take the same size across both styles?

Seems like a silly question, but just one I wanted to get answered.

10. audog

I'm too old and lazy to actually use a shovel :), so I use my snowblower (plus running it is fun). But the thing is maxed out at about 6 inches of snow depth, so I do it two or three times depending on the storm. I know I will be out there again later today/early evening as it's still FREAKIN' SNOWING and we have had 7 inches at my house so far. Dog loves it though.

11. audog

Yep, same storm. Been watching weather channel and it seems to stretch from Kansas to Ohio or so.

12. duff406

duff406 Senior Member

I agree, but I know the fit works for me, and I have literally no blue denim that fits at the moment, so I grabbed some. Can't beat the price...

13. duff406

duff406 Senior Member

My favorite and most worn Aldens. Indy boots by JCrew...

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190111175827660_COVER.jpg

14. kjb

kjb Senior Member

Hi all, first time to this thread but not really new to Alden. Wanted to get some recommendations on upkeep for some chromexcel Indy’s. I’ve had them about 2 years and have done nothing to them but a stiff brush before and after wear. I’m thinking it’s time for some conditioning as I wear them pretty hard (they are my primary wet weather boot). What, if anything, do you use? I’m not looking to add a shine, mainly just make sure I keep the leather in good condition and don’t let it begin to dry out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BA8F0950-1FC0-4EF9-95ED-517ED5E749E0.jpeg

15. darkclassic

darkclassic Senior Member

Nice choice. That version is my favorite Indy boot build. Brass eyelets, 360 welt, kudu, commando... yep.