• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjschube

Reaction score
Just received a pair of 1493 unlined chukkas. The fit and finish are amazing and sliding my foot into them feels like putting on a pair of slippers.

My only other pair of Alden’s are 403 Indy boots in 10.5D. Decided to go with an 11E in the chukkas. I think I made the right call. I have most of a thumbs width between where my toes end and the welt is, can wiggle my toes, etc.

I bought them sight unseen from Shoemart. Anything I should look out for fit wise with these? I’m fairly unfamiliar with how these are expected to fit, in general. I don’t feel any glaring issues with them on my feet: no heel slip, toes aren’t being crunched forward or cramped, etc.

I did the same (10.5D in Barrie and trubalance) and 11E on the leydon. Worked out perfectly.

GGMac

Reaction score
Black B+M Dr. Jones today.

9A3C253F-9E5F-45B6-9CCF-DD572CDE0780.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My long delayed boots have finally arrived. Some may recall my unsatisfactory Ebay purchase of some brown CXL Indy boots, the Leffot make up. Brown CXL, commando, brass hooks and eyes with 270 welt. The seller just cancelled the sale even though I paid full asking price. :censored:

Fortunately Adam at AoC had a very similar version with a 360 welt that I ordered last September and they arrived today. I should have them within the week. The "Long National nightmare is over." Yes they "are just an Indy" but I wanted the brass and commando which was not available in the stock versions that were available to a EEE guy like me. This is my happy face. :)

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 4.00.29 PM.png

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just when I assumed I'd be done acquiring new Aldens for the near future after receiving two pairs this week alone, a third pair I couldn't in the right mind pass up is inbound. Going to be a really expensive shoe month
Out with it. What's on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads