• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The TSM seconds release looks like just a few dozen pairs of old styles. They haven't added any new styles yet. Their photography process takes a while, so I imagine newer styles etc. will be released next week -- the e-mail says "You can expect batches of around 100 pairs to be released every few days over the next 2-3 weeks. We'll send out notifications when the items are released."

EDIT ** I spoke to TSM about the process and they explained that there are actually about 150 pairs online that were not there before, but that they are older styles so that's why it does not appear like the baseline number of styles (which is currently at 347) is that much higher than before (it was around 320 a few days ago).

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my email as well, went online and only a few new things in my size. Nothing I need however.
1 item in my size. Coincidentally, its one of few Aldens I already have
LOL oh well

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are many potential hobbies that can engender someone to assemble a collection of objects that are too precious to be used. Collecting shoes is not one of those hobbies.

Shell cordovan shoes, and for some reason Alden shell, get better every time I use them. I love this hobby.

Exhibit A: Brick and Mortar 6 Eyelet Chukkas #8-Cordovan - Sold to me by Sean a year and half ago, so they are still young.
View attachment 1147744

Wore my 6 eye chukkas yesterday. Wasn't able to take pix :angry:

975’s arrived today. Everything is perfect with them.

View attachment 1147824
Congrats on your new gunboats, brother.

Down in Texas today.

Nice! Did you pack cowboy boots?
View attachment 1147812
A nice leisurely Friday to you! Alden LHS color 8 with some nice dark straps to contrast the vamp color. Slide into the weekend!

img_20190322_072126759_hdr-jpg.1147687
img_20190322_072054594_hdr-jpg.1147688
I :inlove: color variation in shell.

macher

Reaction score
Hi what’s everyone’s experience with The Shoe Mart factory 2nds?

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are terrific!
(for hoops, get the app, watch on your phone, unless driving)

And so are those!
PS-was it you who posted the AOC 103s lately? Those have haunted me!

Thanks man, not my 103’s but yeah those are sweet!

Wore my 6 eye chukkas yesterday. Wasn't able to take pix :angry:

Congrats on your new gunboats, brother.

I :inlove: color variation in shell.

Thanks!

vincentkd88

Reaction score
That's strange. I didn't receive that email, but I have been receiving their other emails. I have ordered from them in the past as well.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my Alden of DC #8 captoe boots with commando sole on Grant last - size 8.5D if anyone is interested. Listing is in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads