1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Doug3fresh

Doug3fresh Member

Shoe shine box!????

I’m in the market to store all my shoe care products and brushes but simple google searches sometimes don’t show the best options. I figured the people in this thread might have some cool suggestions....

2. ScarsdaleVibe

ScarsdaleVibe Senior Member

3. unil79

unil79 Member

AldenxJcrew natty cxl wtb. Got these 4 months ago. They got me through the stormy winter and traveled with me overseas a few times already:)
    IMG_8117.jpg
    IMG_8109.jpg
    IMG_8043.jpg
    IMG_8042.jpg
    Went to mexico for vacation last month. Walked a lot in the hot, dry weather. They are extremely comfortable. A minor problem, I found the commando sole peeled a little on the right foot. Not worry at all since it’s stitched on and the leather sole underneath makes them pretty much waterproof. But i’d like to glue them back so it doesn’t get worse. Any recommendation of the glue i can use? Thanks.

4. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

I use this box that I found at an estate sale for $1.50. Not enough room for product and brushes, so brushes live on a shelf, polishing cloths and such are in a plastic box with a lid that snaps on. IMG_5371.jpeg IMG_5372.jpeg IMG_5373.jpeg

5. Doug3fresh

Doug3fresh Member

Do you suggest to have the cloths/brushes in an air sealed plastic container? That’s what my dad has but thought about getting a cedar valet box to store everything.

6. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Meh. They're not going to smell enough to warrant sealed plastic it my opinion. All of my supplies are in the bottom section of my shoe cabinet, which is in no way sealed, and I have never had smell issues.

7. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

UPS just stopped with these from Adam and as beautiful as those in the photo's posted by @JSO1, that prompted me to order them. IMG_5374.jpeg IMG_5378.jpeg IMG_5375.jpeg

8. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

Wife doesn't like the smell of polish, so that's why I keep the rags/cloths in a plastic box. Brushes on the shelf as I only apply "product" by hand. Not necessary to do that, but it keeps her happy so......

9. SonnyUte

SonnyUte Senior Member

I scammed a cool wooden French wine box from a restocker at Whole Foods. Roomy and (sort of) vintage looking. I make no attempt to control the smell. Don’t find it noticeable 30 minutes after I am done.

10. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

11. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

Now if it would only dry out, get warm and allow us to wear "summer-y" shoes.

12. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

A wooden wine box would be an awesome addition to the closet, post a picture of the thing :)

13. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

Flipping great Saddles Dog!

Hanging with boots as late as I can in the year. At some point they get boxed for the Fall.

Still crying over the BB Alden shut down. Yes, I lucked out and restocked both colors unlined Shell LHS's. My guess is the other Alden specialty retailers will get the foxing Tassels and unlined LHS's to makeup for lost volume.. and they won't be heavily discounted anymore a rub at Alden. The Italian cordovan now on their site looks cheap. Thank God they still have C&J. EG seems gone as well. Must be more Italian Stallions out there than Ivy fans like myself. 3C2FEBA4-0E23-4039-8586-8DE568701FD5.jpeg 8E626AA4-C5E3-480C-BFAF-3D001FB5703F.jpeg

14. GGMac

GGMac Senior Member

New Boot Friday!!! B+M reverse earth wtb’s. I love reverse chamois and these are no exception. Such a great color.

4FF6D430-FAF8-4D29-A04A-B821197B4824.jpeg

15. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior Member

Happy wife, happy life.