• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand the phrase "My boot buying is complete" perhaps a translator is needed on my end.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 4.21.13 PM.png

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear did you gave your Gustin jeans hemmed? Did they use a chain stitch? I ask because I have a shelf full of Gustin jeans I don’t wear much because I just can’t feel comfortable with so much rolled jean at my ankles.
@audog I’ll go ahead and answer for you. Railcar Fine Goods in Monrovia, CA does a good chain stitch hem. It’s $25 a pair plus shipping which I find to be the same every where else I’ve looked. Some charge $35 but include shipping. Best deal is having it done when you buy the pair which is not an option with several makers. Railcar gets it done in 2 business days.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@audog I’ll go ahead and answer for you. Railcar Fine Goods in Monrovia, CA does a good chain stitch hem. It’s $25 a pair plus shipping which I find to be the same every where else I’ve looked. Some charge $35 but include shipping. Best deal is having it done when you buy the pair which is not an option with several makers. Railcar gets it done in 2 business days.
Thanks. Did you mark them yourself or just give them measurement?

gilby

Reaction score
Bravestar will also do a chain stitch hem, $15 on Bravestar jeans $25 on other brands.They do a good job and are easy to work with.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bravestar will also do a chain stitch hem, $15 on Bravestar jeans $25 on other brands.They do a good job and are easy to work with.
@SonnyUte here is also a good place for hemming. They just don’t advertise doing it quickly.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, was out to supper with wife when you responded and it was dead on! I would have no hesitation using them again, excellent job and from time I took jeans to post office, to their return was 5 days.

Reactions: DWH

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. Did you mark them yourself or just give them measurement?
They have a measurement guide (how to) on their website. Since I already knew what I wanted, I just told them the length. When you fill out the order form and pay, it is all on there, and they have a record, so I guess match up the order with the measurements when they get the pants.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any users here know of any stores in Indiana that carries Alden shoes in their stores?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
View attachment 1130100 Alden x J. Gilbert. 2013. Refurb’d 2018.

Alpine grain tanker today

View attachment 1130102

The pretty ladies. Alden x TSM plaza Alden x DC Grant and Alden x TSM barrie. My boot buying is complete :)
View attachment 1130160

Excellent, exactly what I thought they would be. I like the fact that they don't have commando, as everything seems to be made on commando any more, of course they will be useless in icy conditions like this morning. Here is another photo for you View attachment 1130252

Had some snow this morning so I went with some Alden CXL from B&M.

fVnih31.jpg

I bought these on ebay to give them a try, but unfortunately they are a 9.5D on the Barrie and I have since found that I am definitely a 9D on Barrie. Yenni does not have 9D available for her current pre-order for these. Anyone know of a similar makeup available?

Change of plans for rest of the day, a little icy out, but warming up so ice will melt (then refreeze tonight). Plain cap toe boots and Gustin's View attachment 1130271

LeatherSoul Vintage Indy under fluorescent light in the library. View attachment 1130272

View attachment 1130461
Without a pic it didn’t happen

Very nice today guys. Good choice Chipperoo today! Great showing and it is nice to see the Brooks Unlined farewell rush begin. Thanks guys and have a great Thursday!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads