1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Shawnc

Shawnc Distinguished Member

Couldn't find the ROFL emoticon. I seriously doubt that demand is waning...….

I agree and I noticed that instantly. Perforations would have been much better. But then, so would a flat welt and a couple of other small preferences. For me, it wasn't at all difficult to accept a couple of minor (for me anyway) imperfections. But this is not to dismiss your point. The lack of perforations was easily the biggest hurdle for me.

2. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

Demand is definitely not declining, even thought the past year has been pretty good for exotics. It's just a function of how TSM is doing their list now -- it takes them some time to work their way down the list, and coupled with the time they give you to respond, their process can take a few weeks now.

3. Shawnc

Got a couple of IM's about the image of the boot. Here you go......

[​IMG]

4. JSO1

Link broken. But I have seen it and would be surprised if it ends up being made with that stitching on the ankle/eyestay/heel. Will probably end up with a normal stitch.

5. Shawnc

Yup, tried to correct it but you we're too quick. I hope you're right about the stitch as it was the only thing that gave me pause. Would have preferred a flat welt but that didn't bother me nearly as much.

6. JSO1

I agree, although no way to be sure without asking them to confirm.

7. darkclassic

darkclassic Senior Member

Amazon - SGT KNOTS

8. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

I go ahead and work the stiffness out of the sole's flex point when you walk. I'll grab the heel and toe and flex them a couple times, doing a deeper flex than my foot normally would. It seems to help me, but I'm not worried about inadvertently creating deeper rolls. I don't do any flexing of the upper at the heel so as to not damage the stiffener, but you could a bit if they were biting you.

9. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

AoC boots today. Thankfully he did Barrie, not just Aberdeen!

20190211_123326.jpg

10. Twebb

Twebb Member

Given that I acquired the shoes in 1986, I think they are in good shape. Been resoled many, many times. I have a pair of the cordovan penny loafers and a pair of what I call old man shoes, cordovan plain toe bluchers. All need a little love given their age.

I figure the cost, $175, is a small price to pay. I'll take a before and after shot to get some perspective.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019

11. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Wanted to post this here first. Selling a pair of S&S "Stone Crusher" D7826 boots. For some reason I have 2 pair of these, pair I am selling has never been worn, not even to try on. PM if interested

12. tarnow

tarnow Active Member

I'd like to sell a few of my Aldens to a fellow club footer, size 9.5 EEE in Barrie. PM for details if interested, thanks.

13. DWH

DWH Senior Member

Before and after would be really neat to see! Heck! Can you share pics now? 30+ year-old shell with one owner would be cool to see.

14. Akeem

Akeem Distinguished Member

I called to check on that and they said the image is exactly how they requested Alden to make the boot. I guess we will see in 6 months and I may be feel very stupid for passing.

15. AMD500

AMD500 Senior Member

I tried to google, but I don't see them on their website...pictures and specs please