• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something different.
2DDE7379-31A0-4DAC-86CC-65578FC6C68E.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1033942 Dog’s awesome suede Tassels were the inspiration. Not yet owning Suede Tassels.. had to go Black Shell BB Tassels.
Washed Yellow TB cotton/silk cord shorts. RL green and white rep striped ribbon belt brass d-rings.
Black w/ White screen printing Buffalo Bar & Grill, Payson, AZ tee.

Only 108 here today.. this is why I lap swim 6 days a week
Suede tassels (today's version) from Brogue. The light tan ones I have were TSM 2nds and have a minor defect on suede on heel of Left shoe, doesn't bother me. Looks like someone went nuts with edge dressing and got it on the suede. You should get a pair, as you rock loafers! Swimming is awesome, was a competitive swimmer as a kid, all through High School. Have had a pool in yard as an adult until 4 years ago as new house lot won't accommodate a pool and didn't want to encroach on wooded area near creek behind house. SOOOOO I'm putting a pool in at my kids house 4 miles away, as I would rather swim in my own pool than the Y.

Stevie Talks

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but that begs the question- why are you selling the "whole lot" of Alden shoes?

Here's my honest answer:

I'm a musician, and the past couple months have been rough. Sadly, I need to start selling my nice things. But the guys on this forum genuinely love the brand, so there is nowhere else I would sell. I didn't even list them on eBay!

- Steve

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's my honest answer:

I'm a musician, and the past couple months have been rough. Sadly, I need to start selling my nice things. But the guys on this forum genuinely love the brand, so there is nowhere else I would sell. I didn't even list them on eBay!

- Steve
Thought that looked like a Tele/Strat/Jazz bass case in the background. Sorry things are tough right now.

Stevie Talks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to apologize for coming into the tight knit community of this forum with dollar signs in my eyes. I never thought I would upset anyone for posting a sale, but I can see how it would be offensive.

Thank you for the thoughtful messages, and thank you for welcoming me into your clubhouse.

- Steve

oskrusa

Reaction score
I stopped by AoM today, asked for ETA on the blue suede tankers on Plaza, and I was told that Alden just confirmed delivery to the store within 6 months.

I might have to get a pair of Indy's while I wait.

Does anyone have some reverse chamois indy boots photos to share? I would want to see how they age.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard not my friend with make ups like yours .. My new “Sasso” boot. Absolutely loved it.
View attachment 1019556

Love looking at all of the great Norwegian front/tanker boots, but two of them, both on Plaza, really grabbed me. That blue suede beauty via AOM, and this sweet grain number, the Sasso boot, from B+M. Preordered the blue last week, and just jumped on the Sasso boot with Yenni. Sweet!
and now the wait....

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stopped by AoM today, asked for ETA on the blue suede tankers on Plaza, and I was told that Alden just confirmed delivery to the store within 6 months.

I might have to get a pair of Indy's while I wait.

Does anyone have some reverse chamois indy boots photos to share? I would want to see how they age.
Good luck! The original run took closer to 9 months despite the 6 month promise. :D Very cool boots though and worth the wait regardless.
Alden fourth avenue boots from B+M with laces from Hanger Project. I sold the JCrew PCT boots to get these on the commando soles and the antique edge for a more casual look.

jfYT3r1.jpg

LBn1vLK.jpg
I like those a lot.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to apologize for coming into the tight knit community of this forum with dollar signs in my eyes. I never thought I would upset anyone for posting a sale, but I can see how it would be offensive.

Thank you for the thoughtful messages, and thank you for welcoming me into your clubhouse.

- Steve
Totally understand, and sorry to hear you're in that situation. But, yeah, looks better if you at least introduce yourself before selling. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads