• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
Opinion question for the knowledgable gents here: I'm awaiting the NST #8 tankers from Yenni and somewhat impulsively jumped on a pre-order for the reverse green chamois wingtip boots she's offering for Spring 2019. Now wondering if I should've gone for the reverse green PCT boots instead. Will be (obviously) for casual/biz-caz inclement weather and other robust use.

What sayest the group: reverse green PCT vs. wingtip? Preferences/thoughts?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opinion question for the knowledgable gents here: I'm awaiting the NST #8 tankers from Yenni and somewhat impulsively jumped on a pre-order for the reverse green chamois wingtip boots she's offering for Spring 2019. Now wondering if I should've gone for the reverse green PCT boots instead. Will be (obviously) for casual/biz-caz inclement weather and other robust use.

What sayest the group: reverse green PCT vs. wingtip? Preferences/thoughts?
Both?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received my new 974s. I am curious:

What is your opinion on the Tremont Last?
Do you size up/down in lenght/width from Barrie or Truebalance or Aberdeen?

And: with brandnew Shoes: how much heelslip is too much heelslip?
How many times are you going to post this today? Give people some time to get through the posts, and I'm sure you'll get an answer.
https://www.styleforum.net/ams/alden-shoes-sizing-guide-tremont-last.124437/

I generally try for zero slip (doesn't always happen), but as @audog said zero is ideal.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you prefer.

Remember they are green sueded boots.

Whether it’s a perf cap or wingtip, the style in this particular leather won’t overcome the causal colour and material, which is the overall visual of either of these boots are going to give off.

I like the Wingtip.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is no way on god's green reverse chamois earth that I can purchase both. I appreciate the sentiment, however...
I figured. I did like the flair you added to the response. I've always been partial to those cap toes. I'd join you if I didn't already have 6 pairs of green myself...last year I definitely would have jumped on them.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
Whatever you prefer.

Whether it’s a perf cap or wingtip, the style in this particular leather won’t overcome the causal colour and material, which is the overall visual of either of these boots are going to give off.

I like the Wingtip.

Thanks Cal. Thats what I thought initially, now having second thoughts. Arrgh! Chamois angst.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took some glamour shots of the cigarillos the other day and this one stopped me in my tracks when I came across it again today. Whew dang

LRG_DSC08862.JPG

And to jump on the good vibe train - hope all goes well for your wife @audog !

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whatever you prefer.

I like the Wingtip.
And I like the perf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads