• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from Aram’s brass install. Man this shoe is so comfortable on commando. The barrie NST is not as attractive as Aberdeen or Plaza but I’m digging them.
View attachment 980137

Whoa, very nice M12. I've got 2 barrie NST's. I might have to give this a shot. Strangely, the NST is the one make that I think barrie beats aberdeen.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sweet. I have it bad for the tassel moccasins. I wouldn't find six pair(s) of them to be unreasonable:

1. Snuff suede (Brooks Brothers)
2. Humus suede (Brogue Shop)
3. Tan suede (Lakota House)
4. Color 8 shell (Brooks Brothers)
5. Natural CXL (Brooks Brothers)
6. Cigar shell (My Dreams)

One down, five to go.

Harrison Ltd does a cigar shell tassel.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, if you dont mind me asking, what was the turnaround time with Aram?
He is kinda all over the place . This was a pretty easy job I’m assuming since he didn’t have to remove any eyelets so it took a week. Ive had shoes with 2 1/2 weeks In the past.
Whoa, very nice M12. I've got 2 barrie NST's. I might have to give this a shot. Strangely, the NST is the one make that I think barrie beats aberdeen.
Thank you Shawn. Im very satisfied with they way they turned out.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harrison Ltd does a cigar shell tassel.
So I should buy one or two other models there first and then nonchalantly mention how it would be sort of okay to have some cigar tassel moccasins?

Unrelated to your reply but related to what you replied to, I also really like the Khakis’ lady calf tassel moccasins but for $695 they can keep ‘em. As nice as they are, they would be a bit redundant with the cigar version.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any thoughts or experience with wearing a full length OTR insert/orthotic?

Trying this with a pair on the modified last. I went up three widths to accommodate the bulk of the insert. Feels incredibly comfortable based on my initial impression (have to wear the orthotic for a biomechanical issue).

View attachment 980246
I wear orthotics, obtained from my Podiatrist, in my Alden’s and some AE’s I have found that they fit fine in true balance lasted shoes/boots. No way can I wear them with Aberdeen so I just don’t and love with discomfort in my ankle. Barrie last is a crap shoot, as it depends on the uppers as to if orthotic is wearable. I will admit that I trimmed the orthotics to better fit toe boxes

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I should buy one or two other models there first and then nonchalantly mention how it would be sort of okay to have some cigar tassel moccasins?

Unrelated to your reply but related to what you replied to, I also really like the Khakis’ lady calf tassel moccasins but for $695 they can keep ‘em. As nice as they are, they would be a bit redundant with the cigar version.
Yes buy them

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sweet. I have it bad for the tassel moccasins. I wouldn't find six pair(s) of them to be unreasonable:

1. Snuff suede (Brooks Brothers)
2. Humus suede (Brogue Shop)
3. Tan suede (Lakota House)
4. Color 8 shell (Brooks Brothers)
5. Natural CXL (Brooks Brothers)
6. Cigar shell (My Dreams)

One down, five to go.
Thanks, tassels are really growing on me and I might add one more soon.

Cigar tassel is also one of my favorite. And you don’t have to buy anything before getting your name on list at Harrison. Actually last year, when I enquired about it with them they had 4-5 pair in stock from a recent delivery( none of those were my size)!

AMD500

Reaction score
PSA
This guy seems to be clearing out his rare shell on eBay. Not an outrageous price, and has make-an-offer option, which usually means they can be had for much less. They look like they would clean up well.
I'm tempted because my size almost never shows up on the secondary market, not really a chukka or longwing guy. Figured some of you other size 9 gents might be interested. For once they not a size 11 or 7.5 :cheers:!
@audog
@M2511
@chipshot

Cheers,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...-Cordovan-9E-Box-GREAT-Condition/153037046147

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...-Cordovan-9E-Box-GREAT-Condition/153037048997

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...059611?hash=item23a1b8361b:g:FZUAAOSw-0RbCKOx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads