• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love black shell.. BB Tassel w/ heel foxing. Black cords Levi.
44A03B18-C335-484A-805C-D93765B3494C.jpeg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Alden x LeatherSoul today. Love these boots. Flat welt on barrie looks phenomenal.
View attachment 1088717

View attachment 1088795
Wearing the 9501’s today.

Managed to put a spot on the toe while trying to care for them over the past week. It appeared while I was wiping them down with a damp cloth. I guess it was dirty? Any suggestions for what I might try? It’s not terrible but it’s bugging me a little.

View attachment 1088824 Ravello Chukka

Happy Thursday!

View attachment 1088898 Second pair of Alden shoes. Alden for J Crew chocolate brown, LWBs... my beaters for rainy days. Could use a little tlc.

Leffot Dovers en ocho.
View attachment 1089043

And grande Pilot today. Not sold on the NATO. I'll be switching back to the riveted leather.
View attachment 1089044

View attachment 1089261
Navals for the office Xmas party

Happy Friday! Color 8 plain toe boot today.

View attachment 1089339

TSM plain cap-toe boots for afternoon today. Rainy out so commando sole is a good choice. View attachment 1089362

#4 cordovan cap toes

View attachment 1089499

And datejust t-bird.
View attachment 1089498

Started the day in the Hunter Green chukkas
pURsL26.jpg

Went with the cigar captoe boot 2day:
mw4m1XC.jpg

I won't tell you, but I'll give you the initials: LHS :crackup:
Seriously, I'll post some pix soon.

View attachment 1089602
GRAIL DAY!
2 grails + 1 day = GRAIL DAY
What’s that? I boldly announced it was time to slow it down, put the brakes on any incoming. But it’s grail day....

Night on the town with these beauties. Maybe one day my Alden collection will rival my putter collection...

View attachment 1089604

New to the Alden Army with help from a great member here. Alden x DC Ravello. Beautiful shade on these.
View attachment 1089605

Snuff suede Indys this evening

View attachment 1089678

And on the subject of pickups, here's mine. Cigar LHS.
AHUejZU.jpg

1kZDHb6.jpg

Super happy with the shade on these. Already showing depth and I haven't even worn them! Storytime! I had originally gotten these in my Barrie size, but I was getting heel slip. Had to return. That was a sad day. Maybe 1-2 years ago. So for the record, I take these a full size down from my Brannock. For the newbs, loafer sizing is tricky. Always try on in the store.

Also, even though these are single sole, the sole is slightly thicker than my only other LHS, the Brooks unlined one. I measured. I measured on the

Doesn't get much better than the AF53A. Original AF53 in continuous production since 2003. I wonder what the first editions look like now :)?

View attachment 1089828

Photo #2 from the garage at work. Unfortunately my boots are not from TSM but JGilbert.

View attachment 1089842
The company where I work need to wash their cars more often.

Love black shell.. BB Tassel w/ heel foxing. Black cords Levi. View attachment 1089927

Guys superb all over. Congratulations on them new acquisitions!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, some incredible rare birds flying around this forum. @gilby , dude, wow! 2 in 1 day. Plain toe anything is always great but those cigars are instant classics. @Misterg12 , very nice bookends you have there. Grant last, flat welt, man, very nice. Nothing rare about @patrick_b 's AF53's, but man, that is as good as it gets.

Nothing new for me, but I did get my whiskey LHS's back from repair.

WhiskeyLHS-AfterRepair.jpg
WhiskeyLHS-AfterRepair2.jpg

Very pleased with the repair. Still not thrilled with the refinishing but I knew the risk of sending lighter shell in for a recraft. No complaints.

LHS Family Shot.jpg

Lastly, what's missing from this picture. Would not mind if some Ravello flew my way. If not, I'm very happy with my modest family.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, some incredible rare birds flying around this forum. @gilby , dude, wow! 2 in 1 day. Plain toe anything is always great but those cigars are instant classics. @Misterg12 , very nice bookends you have there. Grant last, flat welt, man, very nice. Nothing rare about @patrick_b 's AF53's, but man, that is as good as it gets.

View attachment 1090020 View attachment 1090021

Very pleased with the repair. Still not thrilled with the refinishing but I knew the risk of sending lighter shell in for a recraft. No complaints.

View attachment 1090022
Lastly, what's missing from this picture. Would not mind if some Ravello flew my way. If not, I'm very happy with my modest family.
DAMN, those are all nice LHS's.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1090022
Stunning lineup.
You’ll be hard pressed to find ravellos or anything else that look as good as your whiskey.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1090022
They look great! I’ve owned a lot of Whiskey Shell throughout the years. They all darken with time and these look exceptional Shawnc. Nice repair work.. can’t tell anything out of order, beautiful shoe. Wear and enjoy in good health my brother..

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you have the LeatherSoul Vintage Indy? I would love to see pics and hear war stories about its durability. Cheers!

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads