• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneto78

Reaction score
You are kidding, right? Jack didn't eat all those Aldens, please tell me that isn't so as shoe leather isn't really good for the digestive system of a dog. I have to admit that if Jack were my dog, we might be burying him in the back yard after eating Aldens, and I LOVE MY DOG but he knows better than to eat shoes. Oh, btw a good way to stop that is catch the dog in the act of chomping on a shoe and then VIOLENTLY SCOLD THE SHOE! Dog doesn't want to be part of something that upsets owner, so will leave shoes alone as he doesn't want them to get scolded. Sounds silly, but I have used it on 2 dogs and it works.
He only chewed them, but ate the laces

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He only chewed them, but ate the laces
Hopefully he didn't chew them to the point of destruction. Laces are easy to replace, shoes (and Jack) not so easy. I wasn't kidding with the scold the shoe thing, it does work as the dog doesn't understand the difference between you being mad at him or the shoe, and he doesn't want you to be mad, so will leave the shoes alone if he see's you are mad at them if he "plays" with them. Dogs are weird, but wouldn't live without mine :)

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dad always said, a well trained dog is a happy dog. I buy into this theory 110%

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dad always said, a well trained dog is a happy dog. I buy into this theory 110%
So true, dogs want to please their masters. Being creatures of habit, training establishes habits in their minds, and they are happy when they know the "rules". My golden knows that if I put up my hand in a certain way he is to sit and stay, he will do it even if in the middle of chasing a rabbit or something else. It's a habit, and he also knows that he may get a treat (that is the motivation used to reinforce the habit). Anyway, enough of dog training, I hope Jack didn't seriously destroy the color 8 footwear, Indy boots can be replaced easier than shell.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hand signals are silent and effective... well worth the treat training.. great for Alden UPS and FedEx drivers when shes at home and your trying to take delivery .. ha ha. Keep it low key..

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m interested in the unlined suede chukka boots and I’m curious about how long they’ll last. Can anyone speak to the longevity? Thanks.

Now I give you the worst case.

My wife abuse it everyday and she worn out the heel about half year,
and the reverse welt became so soft that the tip got cut off and wear out about a year. (See left side in pic)
The sole has nearly worn out around a year.

Hunting Green suede looks like mud suede and naps are bursting out now.

Alden rep Steve saw it and couldn't believe it.

ABD8ABD8-C41F-4A55-BC6D-D3D7AA406AA3.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now I give you the worst case.

My wife abuse it everyday and she worn out the heel about half year,
and the reverse welt became so soft that the tip got cut off and wear out about a year.
The sole has nearly worn out around a year.

Hunting Green suede looks like mud suede and naps are bursting out now.

Alden rep Steve saw it and couldn't believe it.
That's just it; she abused them unfortunately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads