• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Shell goodness.. these also went on a Rhine cruise for evening wear.
55823575-F019-43A3-BC77-5D04AF0E5DED.jpeg
DB9B683B-E27C-458E-A7D9-2B5693E1724F.jpeg

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden of Carmel has a snuff suede WTB with brass eyelets/hooks on Grant last (instead of Plaza) that's supposed to arrive in January last I heard. This was a run I had originally pitched here a few months ago and managed to get enough interest for Adam to run the makeup. He may still have a few non-preordered sizes available.
That’s good to know and will keep an eye to see how the final product looks. I do really like the Epaulet version, though. Maybe our friend @Misterg12 can consider the makeup when designing models.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s good to know and will keep an eye to see how the final product looks. I do really like the Epaulet version, though. Maybe our friend @Misterg12 can consider the makeup when designing models.

Essentially the same makeup other than the last change. If you were specifically looking for a Plaza WTB, you could always start with B+M's and have brass hardware added. Would get you pretty close other than commando vs. double waterloc and a slightly different color of suede.

roz77

Reaction score
Are there any retailers that stock E widths fairly consistently? Shoe Mart seems to have more E widths in stock than other places I’ve seen, but most seem to only offer standard D widths. Any tips for finding E widths?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any retailers that stock E widths fairly consistently? Shoe Mart seems to have more E widths in stock than other places I’ve seen, but most seem to only offer standard D widths. Any tips for finding E widths?

Madison, San Fran and DC each stock E widths. Brogue usually has a decent selection as well.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Essentially the same makeup other than the last change. If you were specifically looking for a Plaza WTB, you could always start with B+M's and have brass hardware added. Would get you pretty close other than commando vs. double waterloc and a slightly different color of suede.

Pretty sure the B&M snuff WTB's are on Barrie.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size shoe trees would you all recommend for LHS in size 11D? I have Allen Edmonds solid toe trees and some Woodlore split toes. XL or L?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Leffot Dearborn boots morning trip to office View attachment 1058076 View attachment 1058077

Those are looking good dog. Sorry that you actually had to go into the office today! :)

Morning all. Celebrating tanker Tuesday today.

View attachment 1058111

Those are looking superb my friend. Lovely Tanker.

Color 8 Chukka for today

View attachment 1058164

Those are looking good and have a nice patina coming over them.

On the theme of tanker Tuesday. Some glamour shots before these see some rolls.

View attachment 1058220

View attachment 1058221

Beautiful new boots AJ!!

I’m going with Ravello Tuesday
View attachment 1058229

Lovely Ravello WT Boots today my friend!

Ravello has become my favorite Alden color...some gunboats today... View attachment 1058232

Fantastic looks King on antique LWBs Swils.

Morning, fellas. So I had a tad of cancer recently and, apparently, I've lost so much weight my shoe size changed. Breaks my heart, but the snuff suede LWBs I just bought don't fit. Size 10 C/E. They're yours, if you want 'em. I just listed them on Ebay. Starting bid 99c. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183499762366

View attachment 1058255

I am sorry to hear about your cancer and hope that you are doing better!

Superb as always Don. Love them Choco Tankers.

I just received my third Alden boots, and this time they are 405 Pecan Calf leather. I find couple flaws on the boots, and I like to know should I keep or exchange these, if they can causing the quality and longevity of this pair. 1st, the gap between welt and upper leather on the front of the boots ( i am living in country with lot of rain/snow and don't want leakage in the boots). 2nd, the back of the heel also has a space between last and heal, and 3rd the loosen stitch. Love to know you opinion on these, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

View attachment 1058340

View attachment 1058341

View attachment 1058342

View attachment 1058343

Those look beautiful my friend. All of those look exceptionally minor. If the eye stay separates more, Alden will usually fix that for you.

IMO those are all really minor issues. I would keep those boots and wear them proudly if i were you.

Concur.

Black Shell goodness.. these also went on a Rhine cruise for evening wear.
View attachment 1058381 View attachment 1058382

Looking great today Chippy as usual.

Quick garage shot of today’s kudu plaza boots

View attachment 1058528

Looks like a good day for you. Interesting material and last combination.

Looking fine this morning Galileo!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads