• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1

Reaction score
This is some list, lots of good options here..a bit jealous

I would go with some tankers, likely some cigars but obviously either one!

View attachment 1056631 View attachment 1056632 Opinions needed!
I have the waitlist options from a retailer and I’m wondering what to choose. Generally I wear Alden’s casually with slim denim or casual pants. I don’t much care for split toes except in the tanker. I love all the colors so color doesn’t make a huge difference.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the waitlist options from a retailer and I’m wondering what to choose. Generally I wear Alden’s casually with slim denim or casual pants. I don’t much care for split toes except in the tanker. I love all the colors so color doesn’t make a huge difference.
OOOOO, Cigar cap toe boot and Whiskey tanker gets my vote.

hoser133

Reaction score
With what you'd wear them with, I'd go with the LHS or LWB. I prefer whiskey over cigar personally.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome list, cigar NST loafer gets my vote , simple yet unique!!

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NST on Aberdeen from Yenni!!
6181C170-BDC0-438C-975D-7E4A2C1D1852.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
NST on Aberdeen from Yenni!!
View attachment 1056702

Gab, I have that same model, it is exquisite. Your pair looks superb and you are wearing them well!

Indy's for dinner with the family tonight
View attachment 1056824 View attachment 1056826

Those Indy Boots are eating up their time with you. Looking good AEShoes.

Those look just fantastic Swils. Lovely Whiskey Tanker Boot my friend. Wear them only in good health.

-Mike

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brogue shop has a few and one on preorder. Link.
Thanks, Doc. And that is a beautiful boot. I’m hoping I’ll come across a plain toe but that moc-stitch is what dreams are made of. My biggest issue will be to find out what size to order before putting down the cash. No one has 379x above size 10 and I might even need to try C width but I’m hoping this last would make up for that. Anyway, thanks.

AJ1

Reaction score
Thanks for info! They are seriously expensive but look and sound worth it. My wife already thinks I'm nuts buying aldens, can only imagine what she would say If I bought a pair of these jeans. Now need to figure out how I could sneak these into the house without any questions :).

The raw denim does give quite a bit (about an in or so in the waist), so you’ll want them snug. I actually live in Raleigh, so a fitting for me is just a drive away. I assume they’re easy going with shipping and returns via the online store. I’d highly recommend the original raw. It takes some time to break in and they’re very stiff at first, but once the jeans begin to soften and take on your unique wear, you won’t regret the purchase. Think of it as a denim patina!

They have several different cuts, so keep that in mind. As a former soccer player, I took the Graham, as I needed some additional room in the thigh.

I'm lucky that they're local for me, so my first pair of selvedge and the two pairs of stretch denim in the same pattern were all purchased (and hemmed on their Union Special 43200G in the store). I love the selvedge so much that I bought a second pair - found a stockist that was offering 15% or 20% off the first order.

It is vanity sizing - I'm a 40-41 waist (*sob*) and the 38 fits me amazingly well and is fine after the first wash (which was just a few days ago). The stretch-denim fits the same for me, though aren't quite the home-run the selvedge is (though still a solid triple and would buy them again).

Net: Size down to the next even size and get the selvedge. They're seriously expensive, but worth it IMHO. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have any of my 5 or so pairs of Gustins and would be happy with 1 more pair of Raleighs. I guess it is the same as shoes - have fewer but better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads