• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow those are fantastic
Thanks, I really like them. They were kind of surprise, I had told Yenni over a year ago I might be interested and then she emailed me last month and said she had a pair and would I be interested.....DUH- one of those decisions that takes a nanosecond.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They look pretty sweet.....hmmmm. Ha. Prob will snag them. Only concern is about how much i’d wear them.
Once or twice every couple of months would justify them. You need them, and if JCrew, with the discount code, they are practically a steal. And on a different note, and I don't really know how to ask this, and no offense meant - is there a Mrs. Chest?

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Once or twice every couple of months would justify them. You need them, and if JCrew, with the discount code, they are practically a steal. And on a different note, and I don't really know how to ask this, and no offense meant - is there a Mrs. Chest?
Alrighty. I’m sold. Ha. Yeah I really liked the j crew model with the blue sole, thought it looked pretty sleek. Haha. Yes, there is a Mrs. Chest, although she would probably prefer not to go by that title. Why do you ask?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received my first ever pair of Alden and cordovan shoes. The 9854 medallion cap toe balmoral in #8 from Alden on Madison. Hampton last. Love the shoe, but I have a fit question for you experts. I visited the store and was told that I'm between a 9.5 D and E. For reference, I wear a 10D in Allen Edmonds 65 last, but admittedly, it isn't the best fit.

When I tried the black color on in store (#8 was a special order and not yet in stock when I was in town), the D felt snug in the width, especially at the ball of my foot. I recall the laces throat gap being obviously more open than what I am accustomed to on the AE 65 last. The E felt better, so I ordered them in 9.5E and they arrived today.

I'm almost able to completely close the laces out of the box. There is definitely more room in the toe box than I'm accustomed to in the AE 65 last in 10D for obvious reasons, but I am concerned about stretch. If I'm able to fully close the throat out of the box, does this mean that if the shell gives at all, then I'm going to be swimming in them? Any insight from the veterans would be appreciated. In turn, I'll be back to post pics shortly.

Thanks!

I agree with others about the shell. It will not really stretch much at all and the changes will be because of compression of the cork. The extra room in the toes is frequently from the higher side wall in the front. It gives more room. I think you will not be swimming in them. If they do close completely you can use a thin, cheap foam insole that will help with the volume.

magneto78

Reaction score
I agree with others about the shell. It will not really stretch much at all and the changes will be because of compression of the cork. The extra room in the toes is frequently from the higher side wall in the front. It gives more room. I think you will not be swimming in them. If they do close completely you can use a thin, cheap foam insole that will help with the volume.
I recently lost about 60 pounds. As a result, my feet shrunk. I’ve gone from a 10 in the Barrie last to a 9. Those foam footbeds work wonders.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar captoe bluchers. Look very light brownish in the sun:
hysjmeT.jpg

fourdoggies

Reaction score
What do you guys think is the most "dress" boot makeup available in Color 8 shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads