• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
The antique edge shoe is essentially a ranger moc with an additionally eyelet. Both on on the Van last. IMO it's a pretty casual shoe, but wouldn't call 'clunky' given the last it's on.

Thanks-- I'm just not sure how they look styled/on people. All the pics I've found are either of the shoes themselves or just a waist-down or ground level shot. Anyway, thanks for your help. I hate buying/returning but I may have to do that in this case.

JETTASY

Reaction score
Hello,
My Ravello brothers.
Chukka is made in 2011.
LWB is made in 2012.
LHS is made in 2014.

P5011816.JPG

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello,
My Ravello brothers.
Chukka is made in 2011.
LWB is made in 2012.
LHS is made in 2014.

View attachment 778889

Ah, question: Do you even wear them? It's hard for people to say, "Great shoes!" if they never leave the closet.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, question: Do you even wear them? It's hard for people to say, "Great shoes!" if they never leave the closet.

Right, I was wondering about the laces...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Reverse Tobacco Chamois from Standard & Strange:

View attachment 779302

Those are looking damn good!

I'm about to put in our sizes for an order of Barrie-last Indy boots, which we're doing up in the brand-new Pecan Austin leather that Alden just started using. It's a handsome mid-brown with some pull-up, and will make a great boot.

Details:
  • Pecan Austin leather
  • Barrie last
  • Brass eyelets, no speedhooks
  • 270 reverse storm welt
  • Natural edges
  • White stitching
  • Commando sole

Email me (jeremy @ standard and strange dot com) if you want to reserve a pair, or get a non-D width. After I cut the PO tonight/tomorrow morning, I won't be able to add any sizes or widths.

Pecan Austin:
3085A406-F368-4C21-ACDF-1809C6587F93_grande.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads