• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katch

Reaction score

Something different. Alden x Leather Soul #8 shell PTBoots resoled with 2x3mm leather mid soles and DR.Sole half sole + heel. Damn I'm pleased with these.
Awesome recraft/resole. Who did the work?

Last edited:

adamf009

Reaction score
Alden x Leather Soul Nassau #8
pGOXc6z.jpg

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something different. Alden x Leather Soul #8 shell PTBoots resoled with 2x3mm leather mid soles and DR.Sole half sole + heel.
Damn I'm pleased with these.

I have a whole bunch of shoes and boots I want to re-sole like this - I like the heel and front foot profile of this for more refined(not dressy) as it keeps the lug pattern somewhat hidden.
My favorite sole of all is the Dainite Logger pictured below on my Truman's. If I ever wear my soles out on my Alden Reverse Chamoise Indy's I will get done with these - Dainite Logger on a boot and and Derby

stevefok

Reaction score
Those of you who ordered the #8 nst plaza monks from Alden Madison should check your spam folder.

Mine is in the second batch, for those who are in the first batch, please share a photo as soon as you get those!! Can't wait to see how those turn out!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

bkdc

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any significant difference in moisture/breathability between a double-leather sole versus a commando sole in their shell cordovan Aldens, and in particular, boots?

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any significant difference in moisture/breathability between a double-leather sole versus a commando sole in their shell cordovan Aldens, and in particular, boots?

No - Breathability through the sole to me is one of the most over rated of all the shoe snob/myth whatever - Not pooping on your question at all as I used to get bogged down in that type stuff as well.

Some others may disagree with me and I am sure you will find them residing in the St Crisp thread...LOL

Again not trying to be a jerk...just my 2 cents

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful shade of ravello. I can only hope that the next run(however long it is) that my name comes up in the list.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something different. Alden x Leather Soul #8 shell PTBoots resoled with 2x3mm leather mid soles and DR.Sole half sole + heel. Damn I'm pleased with these.
That's a cool resole. Very unique! I had Brian the boot maker put a leather stack and mini ripple sole on a pair of Indy last year. I like the results. I still toy with the idea of waxing these.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
That's a cool resole. Very unique! I had Brian the boot maker put a leather stack and mini ripple sole on a pair of Indy last year. I like the results. I still toy with the idea of waxing these.

I have some stacked from berg and Truman and love them...I do not think suede the nap is long enough to get a good wax on if looking to make looked like Waxed flesh boots...pretty sure the nap is longer to start with...I could be completely wrong though!

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have some stacked from berg and Truman and love them...I do not think suede the nap is long enough to get a good wax on if looking to make looked like Waxed flesh boots...pretty sure the nap is longer to start with...I could be completely wrong though!

Someone waxed a pair in last years thread and the results looked pretty good in the photos. I certainly have hesitation though. I've tried some other things to shoes that I though would work and didn't have great results.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something different. Alden x Leather Soul #8 shell PTBoots resoled with 2x3mm leather mid soles and DR.Sole half sole + heel.
Damn I'm pleased with these.

Fantastic. Love the white welt stitch.

Alden x Leather Soul Nassau #8
pGOXc6z.jpg

Great shoes and great umbrella - bust those gusts!

Picked up my CTBs this morning.

They are darker, but definitely not a bourbon.

My shots. Overcast and inside.

Side panel is lighter as well than the rest.

51ad822a815f4dcf0067e2a9f0415ce0.jpg

ee6a7277f4651e482630d96052a3f98f.jpg

From Kathy a few days ago. Same pair.
ac1c04b35d0648f4f69839d6e3952ad6.jpg

b17e6af51bc8f02b8466498f3d5b3a08.jpg

I can't spoil these, they're way too beautiful. Very similar to my early 2015 pair, although yours are even lighter. Mine are definitely on the brown end of the spectrum.

That's a beautiful shade of ravello. I can only hope that the next run(however long it is) that my name comes up in the list.

I want to get on the list just to get another pair -- pretty much the perfect boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads