• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Newest Edition from The Shoe Mart and my growing Alden collection.

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 804318 Yenni had a pair of tan calf WT boots on commando in my size so order place . Today is a good day.

Nice! I've got the same boots on leather soles coming to me from Alden SF. Take some photos when you get yours, and I'll post some of mine. I'm curious to see if the weather will look the same.

Either way we should both be expecting some great boots in a few days.

I still have yet to make a foray into suede. I'm sure I will do so in the not so distant future.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just at the Shoe Mart a few days ago looking at the snuff belts. To be honest, they are not a great color match. The quality is excellent but, as you said, they are more on the orange side. I passed for that reason...
Thank you for the heads up! I figured this was the case

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're putting in our order for another batch of our Southern Lord. Now's the time for you B and EE widths to jump in and grab a pair.

If you want in on the pre-order, shoot me an email at jeremy at standardandstrange.com and I'll get you squared away. Delivery will be in/around October.

• Tobacco Reverse Chamois upper
  • Full glove leather lining
  • Barrie last
  • Antique brass eyelets with no speedhooks
  • 270 degree storm welt
  • Commando outsole & heel
  • Antique edging
Southern Lord - Tobacco Chamois-01-2.jpg

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, all manufacturers use a heel width that is 2 sizes smaller than the forefoot. Thus the B/D you mentioned. However, this is confusing for customers and many manufacturers stopped inserting the heel width in their shoes. AE, uses just the forefoot width but Alden still lists both.

You are correct that heel width is typically 2 widths narrower than the forefoot width. There was a time where Allen Edmonds, and I am assuming Alden, offered combination lasts. This gave you the option to purchase, for example, an A/D to accommodate feet that had narrow heels. I'm fairly certain that Allen Edmonds lost most of their combination lasts in the factory fire in the 80's along with their 4E and 5E lasts.

Xenos

Reaction score
My Newest Edition from The Shoe Mart and my growing Alden collection.

View attachment 804416

FullSizeRender (19).jpg

Love mine!

We're putting in our order for another batch of our Southern Lord. Now's the time for you B and EE widths to jump in and grab a pair.

If you want in on the pre-order, shoot me an email at jeremy at standardandstrange.com and I'll get you squared away. Delivery will be in/around October.

• Tobacco Reverse Chamois upper
  • Full glove leather lining
  • Barrie last
  • Antique brass eyelets with no speedhooks
  • 270 degree storm welt
  • Commando outsole & heel
  • Antique edging
View attachment 804442
FullSizeRender (13).jpg
And love mine!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice! I've got the same boots on leather soles coming to me from Alden SF. Take some photos when you get yours, and I'll post some of mine. I'm curious to see if the weather will look the same.

Either way we should both be expecting some great boots in a few days.

I still have yet to make a foray into suede. I'm sure I will do so in the not so distant future.

I only have 2 suede shoes, one from Alden and one AE. They are both terrific leathers and make a nice change from calf and shell. A definate part of the shoe rotation that I highly recommend.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I just noticed we are the exact same size. Let's say you buy new Alden's and pass them on to me at a greatly reduced price. I have a short list. Work for you?
Well, we have another 12D AE/Alden guy here too, and he has more shoes than I do. I think a coffee meet is in order sooner than later...

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have 2 suede shoes, one from Alden and one AE. They are both terrific leathers and make a nice change from calf and shell. A definate part of the shoe rotation that I highly recommend.

I've gotta say, I've been eyeing up Yenni's snuff suede Tanker boots a bit. I don't own anything with a commando sole either, so it might be a good way to introduce myself to both suede and commando . . . .

snuff_suede_norwegian_front_tanker_boot.jpg

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gotta say, I've been eyeing up Yenni's snuff suede Tanker boots a bit. I don't own anything with a commando sole either, so it might be a good way to introduce myself to both suede and commando . . . .

snuff_suede_norwegian_front_tanker_boot.jpg
I absolutely love the commando sole. I'm on my feet most all day and it provides me with absolute comfort. That B&M makeup looks incredible but I just have not convinced myself on the turbulence last yet. If it was a plaza I'd be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads