• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
The antique edge shoe is essentially a ranger moc with an additionally eyelet. Both on on the Van last. IMO it's a pretty casual shoe, but wouldn't call 'clunky' given the last it's on.
Thanks-- I'm just not sure how they look styled/on people. All the pics I've found are either of the shoes themselves or just a waist-down or ground level shot. Anyway, thanks for your help. I hate buying/returning but I may have to do that in this case.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello,
My Ravello brothers.
Chukka is made in 2011.
LWB is made in 2012.
LHS is made in 2014.

View attachment 778889
Ah, question: Do you even wear them? It's hard for people to say, "Great shoes!" if they never leave the closet.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Reverse Tobacco Chamois from Standard & Strange:

View attachment 779302
Those are looking damn good!

I'm about to put in our sizes for an order of Barrie-last Indy boots, which we're doing up in the brand-new Pecan Austin leather that Alden just started using. It's a handsome mid-brown with some pull-up, and will make a great boot.

Details:
  • Pecan Austin leather
  • Barrie last
  • Brass eyelets, no speedhooks
  • 270 reverse storm welt
  • Natural edges
  • White stitching
  • Commando sole

Email me (jeremy @ standard and strange dot com) if you want to reserve a pair, or get a non-D width. After I cut the PO tonight/tomorrow morning, I won't be able to add any sizes or widths.

Pecan Austin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.