• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
This a new run that came in or you picked up a NOS pair? I was just thinking yesterday that I think mine came in May/June'ish of 2015. I lucked out and a few people passed in front of me. Wasn't so lucky for the Ravello. Still think about those....next pair is mine though. Whenever that may be.

MT1982

Reaction score
This a new run that came in or you picked up a NOS pair? I was just thinking yesterday that I think mine came in May/June'ish of 2015. I lucked out and a few people passed in front of me. Wasn't so lucky for the Ravello. Still think about those....next pair is mine though. Whenever that may be.

It was a new run that they just got in. Not sure how many pairs they got, but I saw one other person on here mention that they received an email.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:

It was a new run that they just got in. Not sure how many pairs they got, but I saw one other person on here mention that they received an email.

Yea I just re-read that and answered my own questions. A lot of cigar coming out lately. Hopefully the Ravello drought will end soon. There's two that I'm really excited about. The DC cap being one of them. Looking forward to seeing pics! I need to get more wear on mine.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden doesn't really need C/S the fact remains people will always buy them. As angry as one may get if they got a phone call tomorrow for Ravello Chukkas they would jump on them. As stated above when Alden gets it right it the knock it out of the park.

I fail to understand why Alden wouldn't remake the defective pair seems a bit absurd to me. The shell shortage has to be strictly a choice by Alden as other manufactures seem to have no problems acquiring as many skins as they'd like, MTO thread for CJ confirms this.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday forum pals.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi - I've been reading up on Alden lately, as I am looking to buy my first pair of shell cordovan Aldens any day now. Does anyone know whether the cordovan shoes from Brooks Brothers (and in particular these: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordo...?dwvar_230H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=5&cgid=0522) have been made by Alden?

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Those are models 9015 (color 8) and 9016 (black shell), which most Alden retailers will have available if you'd rather stick to Alden branding. I'd go that route unless you have a BB discount or gift card to use up

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiskey LWB from TSM
0d98ddf103137469c7b4134d378c8ecf.jpg

Happy Whiskey Wednesday Gents
Smoke em if you got em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Promilone

Reaction score
Many thanks, that's very helpful. I am based in the Netherlands and I have not found any local retailer that carries the Alden-branded models.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks, that's very helpful. I am based in the Netherlands and I have not found any local retailer that carries the Alden-branded models.

Since that is a stock catalog model (9015/9016), you should be able to order that from any Alden retailer. I suggest you reach out to Frans Boone about it. It might not be part of their normal stock, but they should be able to order a pair for you from Alden directly.

Last edited:

drewvacavaliers

Reaction score
haven't posted in a while. happy that fall is officially here so i feel less sheepish about wearing boots. going with alden x need supply church hill indy boots today:

also, a brief anecdote that some of you might appreciate: i went to a college football game (florida vs. tennessee) with some friends last weekend, and i decided to wear my unlined suede dovers. three of the four friends have kids, and one in particular was very proud of his "dad look" (i.e., new balance sneakers, cargo shorts, and a university of tennessee polo).

prior to the game, we were talking to some college students at a tailgate when one of my friends asked them who looked more like a dad--my "dad look" friend or me. the college students looked down at our shoes and said, "those shoes [the aldens] are stylish. those [the new balances] are not. so i'm guessing the new balance guy is the dad."

nice to know that alden > new balance in terms of style even to a younger, seemingly more sneaker-obsessed generation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads