1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

2. ironclad

ironclad Senior Member

DV, your boot collection remains the gold (or cigar/ravello/whiskey) standard in my estimation!

3. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior Member

I am jelly of those slacks! Looking killer.

4. fal32

fal32 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Just got these 403's from Need Supply...is it normal for these to have these indentations? They are on both boots...

5. Mghart

Mghart Senior Member

@fal32 yeah that's pretty common on cxl and occasionally shell.

6. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

I have yet to not see that along stitching or perforations on cxl. It doesn't really go away but it least its consistant.

7. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Your Black Shell WT Boots are looking superb my friend. The depth of Black Shell is great and yeah, it won't patina really, but they are unique and special regardless.

Them thick shells are looking mighty fine my friend!

Looking good in your Snuff Suedes. Keep comfy!

Don, those Cigars are superb. But those slacks are killer as well, I hope that you wore them well today!

Your 4065's are looking great and have established some nice character to them. They look great with those slacks as well.

Looking good in your PCTs. Color 8 and Navy is top notch. Those socks are a cool gateway between the two as well... :)

I suppose, that if you have to skip Whiskey Wednesday, that is a good reason. Those pants have a cool character to them... :)

Awe Chippy, rocking the Whiskey LHS. Looking superb and comfy my friend. Hope that you had a great Wednesday.

You are a man of few words today, but great LWBs. Looking good Zipster!

They are looking good and I am sure that they appreciate the attention. Just keep brush, just keep brushing, brushing, brushing... :)

DV, those Cigars are looking superb. I am just looking forward to the day when no older Alden boot laces are available and you are stuck doing an entire boot with unexposed eyelets with the new thicker Alden laces... ;-) Regardless, those are superb. How about a more downward angle so that we can enjoy the Plaza-ness?

-Mike

8. mdubs

Whiskey Wednesday. Alden x DC Whiskey Wingtip Balmoral on the Tremont Last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

9. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

Mike, these are maybe my personal favorite in your outstanding collection. Who did this makeup? AoM?

10. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

Lovely shade of whiskey.

I think you did a great job.

Those are superb. Wow.

I love this makeup. I'm on the list (1st or 2nd in my size, I think), but who knows how long it'll be. Now that I have a similar makeup I am somewhat sated, but your pair is such an incredible shade of whiskey.

11. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior Member

+1 I may try and have a cobbler convert my King LWBs into golf shoes. I love the look of AEs Strand golf shoes.

12. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior Member

Hot freaking damn!

13. mdubs

Chippy, they are from Alden DC.

Thanks. I really love them as well. They are like the absolute perfect suit shoe for San Diego, as it's a more casual atmosphere in general. The Whiskey color makes it a pidge more casual, but the wingtip and balmoral also means you mean business. :)

I almost always get comments on these shoes when I wear them. I hardly ever get comments on my shoes in general.

-Mike

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016

14. Massachusetts

Massachusetts Well-Known Member

Guys, I am normally a Barrie 10 but just grabbed some Leffot Natural Chromexcel Longwings in 9.5 hoping those might work for me. They are a bit snug across the vamp. In your experience, do you think these will stretch and "give" a bit with some wear? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have……...

15. mdubs

They may stretch out some, but personally I advise against them myself. I have had to sell shoes far too many times because they were too tight and have quickly realized they were a bad idea and sold them.

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.