• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fal32

Reaction score

Just got these 403's from Need Supply...is it normal for these to have these indentations? They are on both boots...

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@fal32 yeah that's pretty common on cxl and occasionally shell.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Alden for J Crew in black shell.

20160119_232430_zpswfslgcxe.jpg

20160119_232513_zpso2jmeulw.jpg

Will never get the awesome patina of the other cordovan colours, but still love the depth of these compared to my calf shoes.

Your Black Shell WT Boots are looking superb my friend. The depth of Black Shell is great and yeah, it won't patina really, but they are unique and special regardless.

Color 8 Tankers x AoM today. The shell on these is so thick it's crazy.

Them thick shells are looking mighty fine my friend!

Jcrew snuff chukka.
It's interesting. These are a 10.5D as are my 990's. I had to stretch the chukka's to be comfortable whereas the 990's just barely fit and would be better a hair wider. I purchased both trying to dial in my Barrie size which neither of these are
1f633.png
. Guess they really are able to last the suede tighter than the cordovan.

Looking good in your Snuff Suedes. Keep comfy!

AODC Cigar Grant Cap's

Don, those Cigars are superb. But those slacks are killer as well, I hope that you wore them well today!

4065 on a cold sunny day

Your 4065's are looking great and have established some nice character to them. They look great with those slacks as well.

King PCTs X JCrew today

Looking good in your PCTs. Color 8 and Navy is top notch. Those socks are a cool gateway between the two as well... :)

Snowing today so had to skip whiskey Wednesday as my pairs are not weather appropriate, but these are...

I suppose, that if you have to skip Whiskey Wednesday, that is a good reason. Those pants have a cool character to them... :)

Awe Chippy, rocking the Whiskey LHS. Looking superb and comfy my friend. Hope that you had a great Wednesday.

You are a man of few words today, but great LWBs. Looking good Zipster!

First-ever polish of my color 8 LWBs. I'll give 'em another brushing tomorrow, once the polish has really dried. But I'm not unhappy with the result.

They are looking good and I am sure that they appreciate the attention. Just keep brush, just keep brushing, brushing, brushing... :)

cigar x ls

DV, those Cigars are looking superb. I am just looking forward to the day when no older Alden boot laces are available and you are stuck doing an entire boot with unexposed eyelets with the new thicker Alden laces... ;-) Regardless, those are superb. How about a more downward angle so that we can enjoy the Plaza-ness?

-Mike

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, these are maybe my personal favorite in your outstanding collection. Who did this makeup? AoM?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely shade of whiskey.

First-ever polish of my color 8 LWBs. I'll give 'em another brushing tomorrow, once the polish has really dried. But I'm not unhappy with the result.

I think you did a great job.

cigar x ls

Those are superb. Wow.

Whiskey Wednesday. Alden x DC Whiskey Wingtip Balmoral on the Tremont Last.

-Mike

I love this makeup. I'm on the list (1st or 2nd in my size, I think), but who knows how long it'll be. Now that I have a similar makeup I am somewhat sated, but your pair is such an incredible shade of whiskey.

HenryIII

Reaction score

^ I comb the web for Dry Joy Classics NIB with the FJ gold logo on the outside heel. Pretty decent golf shoe. I think they were made by AE ...

I've wanted to do the golf shoe thing for a while.

Thought about trying to track down a pair of the leather/rubber Allen Edmonds replaceable soft spike soles and getting a cobbler to put them on a pair of cordovan Aldens.

+1 I may try and have a cobbler convert my King LWBs into golf shoes. I love the look of AEs Strand golf shoes.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Mike, these are maybe my personal favorite in your outstanding collection. Who did this makeup? AoM?

Chippy, they are from Alden DC.

Thanks. I really love them as well. They are like the absolute perfect suit shoe for San Diego, as it's a more casual atmosphere in general. The Whiskey color makes it a pidge more casual, but the wingtip and balmoral also means you mean business. :)

I almost always get comments on these shoes when I wear them. I hardly ever get comments on my shoes in general.

-Mike

Last edited:

Massachusetts

Reaction score
Guys, I am normally a Barrie 10 but just grabbed some Leffot Natural Chromexcel Longwings in 9.5 hoping those might work for me. They are a bit snug across the vamp. In your experience, do you think these will stretch and "give" a bit with some wear? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have……...

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
They may stretch out some, but personally I advise against them myself. I have had to sell shoes far too many times because they were too tight and have quickly realized they were a bad idea and sold them.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads