The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Leffot, early 2015. They call them the "JC Indy" boots, I think they have done two runs.

2. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

^ Sorry man, just realized I miss spelled your name. Good info.. Those guys run some great makeup's ..

3. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

I gathered together all of my Aldens this afternoon to prep for a fun family photo. But rather than taking a photo, I got into an argument with a few family members and ended up separating from 5 pairs of boots/shoes. Divorce pending. But they are available for adoption or marriage.

I finally came to the realization that I simply have far more Aldens than I realistically wear with any regularity. I also have considerable overlapping shoes/boots within my collection and I decided it was time to thin the herd. When I first joined this forum I thought I would never reach this phase of collecting. Now I'm here. I also used to laugh at the "one in, one out" guys, but it's something I'm strongly considering going forward. I'm also not committed to any pre-orders right now.

Is 2016 going to be my first year of Alden net decline?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Great post!...I have been thinning the heard for a year now...and some how have more than when I started...odd I guess addition by subtraction is really addition...Good luck with the divor...separation...I hope you get the dog.

5. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

I've recently come to that realization as well, and just gathering up all of your shoes for a 'family' picture, or in my case realizing my shoe rack was full and shoes piling up on the floor, can be an eye opener. Plus the wife making jokes like nicknaming my collection "50 shades of brown" lol

Like you, I want to cut back to a set that each pair gets some wear in a reasonable rotation & all fits on my shoe rack. From your signature, you got some really nice makeups to unload, so hopefully others here can benefit from it

6. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

can anyone comment on the copley last? i got a lead on a pair of suede loafers on copley at a decent price but seems like it's a little more on the dressy end of the spectrum. if that is the case i should just pony up for the classic lhs on the van last.

7. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

Kahuna and JR, thanks for chiming in. I've had a habit of wanting to jump on every model or pre-order that caught my eye rather than figuring out if I truly had a need for it. As as result, I've got forty-seventeen pairs of everything with antique edges, commando soles, and storm welts rather than useful variety. But I guess that's all part of the Alden game! Good luck to you both!!

8. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Thank you the kind words gentlemen!

9. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Hilarious!

10. postal007

postal007 Senior member

I'm looking through my collection now with the same thought. Too many Aldens, too little time...

11. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

How does one come down hard with a cold in San Diego? ;-) Isn't it somewhere between 75 and 85 every day? (Of course I believe you travel quite a bit, which will wreak you.)

12. marvaments

marvaments Senior member

Thanks guys! How I stay sane during medical school.

13. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

Good call and best of luck to you.

For point of reference, I'm trying to go from 18 pair down to 13. I actually just sold 1 pair a few minutes ago so that puts me at 17.

14. AMD500

AMD500 Senior member

Gent's, I find more and more that I am wearing all black. It's an architect cliche that somehow despite my best efforts am apparently succumbing to.

I have been on the lookout for black shell boots. Preferably Leather soul Pitt boots in a 9E (Barrie Last) or a Grant last 9.5D or 9E boot, (would be willing to entertain other makeups as well). Anyone something like this sitting neglected in their closet?

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Easy, I was on the East Coast last week... ;-) Wednesday had a high of 32 degrees.

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.