1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

^ Regina has a nicer rack..

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

:smarmy:

3. aldennoob

aldennoob Senior Member

i saved the whole album and wish one day i can find a job that allow me to wear jeans and boot

4. sazon

sazon Distinguished Member

Great looking collection!
    Black bluchers ;)

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Jumper boots should work just the same as the straight tip boots in mast scenarios. So I'd say black boot

6. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior Member

So, I caved and bought the reverse tobacco chamois Indy boots, and I have to say that I'm loving the darker edge treatment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kelpqq

kelpqq Senior Member

Tiny family compare to most of you, just joined Alden club this past year

[​IMG]

TSM calf LWB on crepe
    Leffot color 8 LWB
    AoM snuff suede Indys on Dainite
    JCrew PCT

I also visited the wind city this past Saturday so I stopped by Haberdash and Hanigs for some Alden love. Haberdash still have a decent selection left at discounted price. I almost walked out with a pair of suede chukkas but I am gonna order online to say peace to the 10.25% sales tax.

Hanigs was quite a surprise for me, the store at first looked like a Payless shoes store until I found the small Alden section. Quite a few styles are on sale (their have CXL chukka on commando for $450 and it's not on their website). I also surprisingly had a much better shopping experience and enjoyed talking to the sales person who was wearing his Color 8 Indy that day. Highly recommend them and it's conveniently located inside the John Hancock building.

I was wearing JCrew PCT on top of Hancock building (even though you can't tell :))

[​IMG]

8. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior Member

My family photo. Grown by quite a bit over the past couple of years. Only one missing are my 986s, which are stashed at work for snowy days.

[​IMG]

Top row: Snuff WTB x LSH, Ravello WTB x TSM, 975 x AoSD (JCrew), Color 8 Alt Wein x EP, Snuff LWB x AoSD, Ravello LHS x TSM, CXL LWB x TSM, CXL PCT x TSM

Bottom row: 9015 x AoDC, Color 8 CT x AoM, Whiskey PTB x AoDC, Color 8 WTB x AoC, Cigar PTB x AoDC, Color 8 PCT Boots x JCrew, Ravello LWB x AoC

9. JR Magat

JR Magat Distinguished Member

Very nice collection & nice options in shell/non-shell! Definitely some of my grail worthy makeups in there too :)

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

Geez these family shots over the last few weeks have been just killer...I am so impressed with everyones collections. I will have to try and wrangle up a family pic to post as well.

11. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Henry, looking good my friend! You have a nice collection, that is well rounded. Love the AoSD in your listings... HaHa.

Reverse Chamois boots are awesome. I love my pair in Navy. Enjoy them my friend!

Welcome to the Alden club! You have a superb collection of Aldens already. Enjoy them all. Your PCTs are looking great. Don't look down... ;-)

-Mike

12. marvaments

marvaments Senior Member

Amazing collections on here. My humble collection started around 1.5 years ago. Still have 4-5 preorders to look forward to this year :D

[​IMG]
    Top row: Alden DC cigar cap toe, Frans Boone parajumper #8, AoC WTB AF79 with brass eyelets, Unipair snuff suede PT boot, Indy 403, Cigar Indy
    Bottom row: Leffot natty cxl cap toe, Moulded Shoe PT boot, Whiskey LWB, #8 LWB, #8 PTB, and Snuff suede chukka

13. ironclad

ironclad Senior Member

Lots of quality pics lately, gentlemen.

Additionally, 1,123 posts in the first 18 days of the year. Well played.

14. JR Magat

JR Magat Distinguished Member

Nice mixture of shell/suedes/cxl and some commando soles for this MI weather. That's one thing about my Alden collection is that it's very shell/leather sole heavy so most are shelved right now :(

Damn, 4-5 preorders?

15. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I was down hard with a cold yesterday, so here is my collection shot for this week.

Alden Special Leathers Army.

[​IMG]

L ro R (boots): Alden Brown CXL Indy Boot, Alden Navy Reverse Chamois Indy Boot, Alden Alpine Grain NST Boot
    L to R (shoes): Alden Natural CXL LWB, Alden Tan Country Calf LWB, Alden Black Leather Horse-bit Loafer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meant to include my Blackbird Saddles here, but I guess that they are going with Color #8 now...

Happy MLK Day,
    Mike

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.