• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I think my pair of tankers will have to go back to Alden to have some bad eyelets replaced. I can't seem to get them to stay fixed on my own. Just curious how long to expect Alden will have them? I'll contact them next week but thought I'd ask others experiences

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm having a hard time adhering to the 1-in 1-out policy these days. I have very few pairs that I don't really like. Granted, I don't wear every pair all that often but even those that get minimal wear hold a special place in my heart.

:violin:

I have 4 pre-orders from '15 scheduled to arrive in 2016 and 2 pre-orders from 2015 still awaiting Confirmation.

Other than that, there's only one other pair on my radar for this year.

Let's see how I hold to that strategy...

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Haven't worn them in a long time. Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Hunting Boots.
You should wear these more often. They deserve it. They are glorious.
First pic of the new year! Leathersoul Ultimate Indy, chups and first wear of 3sixteen sl-100xk
Your Ultimate Indys are looking good and have a nice patina on them. Love the socks!
Same old Chamois tankers - cheers, everyone!
Those same olds are looking very good. Something about the color of Chamois is really beautiful and full of character.
Happy new year, new thread, and new tankers.
Looking great in your new Tankers. The Color 8 on Antique Tanker is a splendid combination.
Really great work on the FAQ's Mike. Your contributions to this forum are greatly appreciated. Picked these up from the Bay and they were delivered on New Year's Eve. Expected a long restoration process but after 15 minutes, this is how they look. Love the recuperative powers of shell........
I've been hunting these down for a while on the after-market. Didn't want to pay retail because I already own a bal in color 8. Here's a quick comparison shot.......
Happy new year!
I got my PCT Balmoral the same way. Lovely shine on them and yes Shell rocks!
Brownvello glamour shot for the day.
That's a superbly done glamor shot BK! Those Ravellos are looking good and ready to rock!
Some folks like the broken in look. The Nanoprotector does fairly well at keeping suede looking decent. I would invest in a suede eraser, shampoo, and a suede brush if you want things to stay pristine.
Concur. Recommend periodic cleanings with a nano session after they have dried. That is if you want them to look clean. Working the edges also tends to go a long ways.
So I think my pair of tankers will have to go back to Alden to have some bad eyelets replaced. I can't seem to get them to stay fixed on my own. Just curious how long to expect Alden will have them? I'll contact them next week but thought I'd ask others experiences
I think it will take a few weeks, but no historical basis for that statement.
i'm having a hard time adhering to the 1-in 1-out policy these days. I have very few pairs that I don't really like. Granted, I don't wear every pair all that often but even those that get minimal wear hold a special place in my heart. :violin: I have 4 pre-orders from '15 scheduled to arrive in 2016 and 2 pre-orders from 2015 still awaiting Confirmation. Other than that, there's only one other pair on my radar for this year. Let's see how I hold to that strategy...
Good luck with that Joe. ;-) -Mike

postal007

Reaction score

Thank you everyone for all of your kind posts about the first post. Took me surprisingly little time to copy over from AoSD. :)

-Mike

mdubs, you are a great ambassador to the community here. The value you add to this place is immeasurable, keep it up!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike deserves a Mayor of Aldenville title or some such moniker.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1000 or infinity.. great human being .. can't say enough nice things about Mike! We love ya dude!!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dubsy is definitely the tops!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

+1000 or infinity.. great human being .. can't say enough nice things about Mike! We love ya dude!!

Dubsy is definitely the tops!

mdubs, you are a great ambassador to the community here. The value you add to this place is immeasurable, keep it up!

Completely agree!

Mike deserves a Mayor of Aldenville title or some such moniker.  

You guys are too kind. Thanks guys!

-Mike

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @mdubs for the time and effort!! You are very much appreciated here good sir!
cheers.gif

My first post on this thread is of my favorite boot (Ravello Wingtip boot a la TSM). Going to pick up my wife's New Year gift (new car) and celebrate with some alone time/dinner.

All the best to a healthy and prosperous new year my friends... enjoy and wear often in the best of health!

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really great work on the FAQ's Mike. Your contributions to this forum are greatly appreciated.

Picked these up from the Bay and they were delivered on New Year's Eve. Expected a long restoration process but after 15 minutes, this is how they look. Love the recuperative powers of shell........

I've been hunting these down for a while on the after-market. Didn't want to pay retail because I already own a bal in color 8. Here's a quick comparison shot.......

Happy new year!

Great shine job.
fing02[1].gif
If I wore more conservative business suits, I would have picked up a #8 bal a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads