• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
That's one of my Alden grails. I wouldn't bat an eye paying for that if it came in my size. Alden could unleash a flood of rare shell a few months later, and while I might wince a bit, I wouldn't second guess that decision.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Cigar captoe boots a la AoM.
Looking stellar in your Cigar CT Boots Repp.
b1203d24101cadbd00cb77a903382f81.jpg
BB lined suede LHS Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking superb as always today Don!
Tanker Tuesday -- and continuing with my black shell theme for the week...
In my opinion, the NST boot is one of the best looking Aldens there is.
I agree with your assessment and your Black Shells is no exception. Looking great and classy.
I dropped in on a very-busy Alden of SF today, and had a closer look at the chukkas I saw last time. They've got them in brown, natty and black (I think) CXL and have an unfinished edge that is really cool. I saw the same edge on some PTB's and boots too...
Very awesome...
Very awesome indeed, the Natty CXL looks great with Natural edges.
Whiskey Saturday...got dragged to a male fashion event. Seems like I'm the only one sporting Aldens apparently
Not too surprised, but sure that you are a notch above everyone else.
First one with flash. All my shells finally received the biannual Reno application. No wax.
Glad to see them getting some love! Your Whiskeys are looking great and nicely nourished.
Unlined color 8 shell cordovan penny loafers on Van last modified at Anatomica. Very happy with these.
Very cool to see the LHS pattern on a different Last. Hope they fit you well!
One of my favorites today. Plaza lasted SW boot courtesy of Leffot.
One of your favorites for a good reason. It's a beautiful boot and plays perfectly with the Plaza Last.
Whiskey Monday
Always a good day for Whiskey!
Totally agree that black shell is much overlooked!
:-D
Whiskey LWB
d03692dc01994e26d15e65242cf31095.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good in your Whiskey Boats yesterday Don! They have a nice shine on them.
Gunboats today
Lovely looking classic Gunboats. Hope that they took good care of you.
Old reliable snuff suede LHS
I wear my pair a ton as well, they are looking great!
@SpooPoker yes, you have unicorn grade alden boots. sleek last, discontinued shell color, and low production number. i sold my lindricks when these arrived. best of luck with your auctions this week. cigar x ls
Just amazing DV! Those are looking just amazing. -Mike

orionz06

Reaction score
Finally got over my fears and have been wearing my 4060's to work. Noticed that I had a little thread hanging out and left it be thinking it was just a small tail that could be singed down but haven't done that yet. Ordered a set of laces and went to swap today to see what I'm concerned is an issue. I've had them since April, wore them a few hours indoors then to a wedding in May and probably 3 times a week since August in an office. Some minor scuffs from my chair and how I cross my feet but finally starting to break in and see some depth in the color. They do need cleaned up now as seen in the pics.

Really grinds me as I'm on pair #2 from another maker that haven't been right outta the box, three times now.

Codysch123

Reaction score
My Innsbruck Indy boots from Epaulet. These boots are the exact configuration I was looking for in an Indy. Brown CXL, Commando Sole, Hooks (the stained welt and brass eyelets are a nice bonus). I was fortunate enough to work just blocks from Brick and Mortar in Seattle, so I was able to get properly sized in person (TruBalance 9, Brannock 10). Unfortunately Brick and Mortar didn't have my size in an Indy with Commando Sole at the time, but they were kind enough to help size me anyway. THANKS!
Lucky for me Epaulet had one more 9 in their Innsbruck build. I'm thrilled. Here is is...

TommyB

Reaction score

Not exotic/rare shell cordovans but here are few new arrivals from Alden F/W 2016 collection now in stock ;) Cheers!
That brown Plaza cap toe looks great. Someone should make that in Ravello (if Ravello ever becomes available again...).

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics