1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mdubs, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Ahhhhhh that could very well be. They apply the color8-ness after the shoe is finished.

2. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Thanks for confirming!

The mysteries of Alden...

3. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

If you are referring to the two pairs in the factory seconds section ("Alden Exclusive"), neither is actually Cigar, despite being labeled as such and priced at $599. The first, FD-13394C, is a Color 8 shell chukka made for Unionmade. The second, FD-99033, is a Color 8 shell plain toe blucher made for Leffot. The pricing and color are clearly a mistake, likely due to the fact that some recent Cigar shells look a lot like Color 8.

Amazing pair. I regret selling mine.

I have a pair of unlined green suede chukkas (Alden) and they are amazing, like slippers.

1 person likes this.
  4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

5 people like this.
  5. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Wow, those are gorgeous tankers. Those will sell like hotcakes.

6. katch

katch Senior member

Anyone need a pair of 9.5 Marlow Penny loafers? Find that they are a tad tight on me. Looking for a 9.5 Alden Barrie shoe or 10D boot (shell)

7. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

If I didn't just get color 8 Indy boots on antique and preorder the AF53A I'd be all over those tankers. Very cool

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Great posts guys! Awesomeness across the board. Bummer Mike on the RBs! We will deal. Also, I personally don't like to use product much but when I do, I use Saphir Reno and Clear Cordo Cream and then Alden's Paste Wax. -Mike

9. bkdc

bkdc Senior member

Haha. Same here. Can't justify both #8 Indys and #8 tankers. But I prefer the 270 degree welt on the AoC Indys which gives the heel a slightly sleeker look despite the work-like casual look of the boot.

Interesting that brass eyelets are now no-no's on #8 shell. There are still a few brass eyelet #8 bluchers and boots available from Frans Boone. I guess those will be the last.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  10. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I have worn these Epaulet x Alden "Alt Weins" on double leather soles, my first Aldens and shell, about five times and am curious about your opinion.

Most people size down only a half size for Barries but I sized down one full size for the bluchers(for boots I won't). I'm an 11.5 narrow side of D and went with a 10.5 D.

They fit well. Slightly snug and room beyond the toes when I walk. No heel slip. They are comfortable but after a few hours, just slightly less so.

Question is, do the creases look "proper" and in the right place? I'm curious if going up a half size would have made any difference in the creasing. Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it #8 shell "overkill" to have the Epaulet #8 tankers when I have these, which are very versatile?

1 person likes this.
  11. shoetree

shoetree Senior member

^ If you go up a half size in D width, you may find them too wide. Especially if you're on the narrow side of D. Also...No such thing as too much color 8.

12. Codysch123

Codysch123 Well-Known Member

Another great Alden mail call today. Not as exciting as the shell Tankers from yesterday, but these simple CXL Dovers are excellent in their own way. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Very sharp! Wish they had my size! :)

14. AMD500

AMD500 Senior member

those are really cool. are they turbulence, the stitching looks less square than on a typical indy boot.

15. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

Beautiful!!

Bought same shoe from AOM and I am very happy

1 person likes this.
  16. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Fantastic. Good to know theres still some unicorns out there to be had.

1 person likes this.
  17. clementFR

clementFR Active Member

Thank you :)
    Indeed I believe they are on true balance. Style is M3813 and I think they were made by The Bureau Belfast a couple of years ago. As you noticed the stitching is a little different.
    They are talking about it here : http://www.life-time-gear.com/2014/06/boot-of-day-190-navy-chromexcel-indy.html

In my opinion this is not a 100% navy color, there is greenish tones. Maybe it's the way the previous owner cleaned them but depending on the light it is very visible.
    Nice to have something I'm not sure I'll see on someone's feet in Paris. Looks great on denim.

18. DustinM

DustinM Senior member

Those are stunning.

I may have to figure out my size on that last. Only pair of Aldens is on Leydon and I went with my normal size (10E) and they are great. Don't know if the extra room in a 10D would make up for the width, any opinions?

19. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I'd probably start with 9.5D

20. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Whiskey Wednesday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.